Before Black BS'ing thread.

Went to the track today!! I don't have any insurance and my registration is dead not to mention my inspection too So I couldn't drive my Regal to the track and the only trailer I could have borrowed had already been loaned out. I hate not racing at the track but being a spectator and part of my friends race crew I got to see several surprizes today 3 turbo buicks and one t-type looking clone with a NA sbc that ran well. The Best is the 8 sec GN from Ohio. Slowest buick at the track was 12.06!!!!

lol Charlie it's not work for you going through emails.
It is a small world indeed. A post I put up on the board lastnight has already made contact. The owner of the 8sec GN in here on the forum "turbobuick" nice guy. I didn't realize I was living so close to big buick power. and the other reply "CST03" also helped out with info of the other buicks at the track.
Ahh what a day!!
so nice I finished up my BRPV and I'm going to install it and take the Regal out for another spin to see how it works.

Totally cool Adam. Tell us how it does when you get back. I spent all day at work but it wasn't to bad. Long but never boring at least. I've got Thu and Fri off so maybe I can get something done around here but we'll see. I may even get to sit in the deer stand for a while this week. I just haven't had the time to do it yet.

The spring rate needs tweaked. It didn't open until about 10psi and I need it a lot earlier than that. So I put the stock one back in for now .

ha! tried out my dump tube last night...... massive spool and the flame is awesome.

Im getting closer..... finally got it to hook hard last night...

tore a bunch of cords in the tire..... needless to say... i am super pleased.

A.j.

Yeah what the hell guys? I think there's 2 videos of carbed turbo cars on youtube. How about a few more:cool:

lol Hey now I already have the vid's recorded it's just the only way I can transfer them off of my SD card is through the usb port on my computer, But they still don't work. and no-one has come over here to fix it for me yet since I can't figure it out.

working on the video thing I promise!

Hell, I have a hard time just getting pics up!

LOL

I think im going to get a double wammy gift for the ol lady this christmas..... she always did want a really nice camera.... and I need a way to make videos!

A.j.

Ah HA! I fixed my computer myself. All my USB's were turned off in cmos setup sure dunno why though. but I got them on now and all is well. Video's are up and I aspire to be completing new ones soon.

working on the video thing I promise!

Hell, I have a hard time just getting pics up!

LOL

I think im going to get a double wammy gift for the ol lady this christmas..... she always did want a really nice camera.... and I need a way to make videos!

A.j.

Well we know that's not the only thing you've been getting up lately.:eek: Any word on the possible suprise you may be expecting? LOL

Ah HA! I fixed my computer myself. All my USB's were turned off in cmos setup sure dunno why though. but I got them on now and all is well. Video's are up and I aspire to be completing new ones soon.

Well where's the link Adam?:confused:

LMAO!

well nuthing yet.... she asked me if I wanted her to test..... but I said it wasnt nessacary.

she has an amazingly healthy diet, so I dont worry.

so no clues yet..... my sweets craving has died down.... so maybe it was a presumptive scare!

LOL....... anyways.... pulled my carb off last night.... suddenly just started flooding everywhere..... dammm holleys and there inverted seats!

so ..... I think I am going to try a different carb.

a Predator.

A.j.

I know you're going to say no, but if you want I can set one of mine up for you to try Aj. I should have a couple of PEVR valves soon so I can send you one to hook up with the system. Just for you to try and see how one of the modded carb works.

Hmmm................... thats a hell of a question Charlie.

Not an easy one, Im so biased to "Looks" and we all agree a quadra toilet isnt to pretty.

But........ why not?

So sure, I will give it a shot. I mean, whats the harm in going faster? I dont have a single detonation issue, and the boost is like 12 lbs now. I dont I cranked it that high yet, and the numbers are screaming that the intake manifold change was the key. I feel like there is a comfortable 325 at the wheels now, and i would be willing to dyno it for the proof. I dont think I will get away with this in the dead heat of the summer.......... but its fun for now. I will have to buy some parts to make the change, I new throttle arm adapter for the 700's TV cable, new cable brackets(cause i need the Lokar ones:mad:), and some more AN fittings and some tubing. But not to much of a biggy.

So, I guess the next change is a 301 unit and a..... ummm.... quadrajet?

:eek:A.j.

I'll see about setting it up for you tomorow. Send me an email so I know what's in your engine this time so I can make sure the jets ect are right for you. I'll make it a single shipment so you get all the parts at one time so you can do it all together. I think you'll be suprised at how well a properly set up one will work on the car. BTW, what CFM are you running now? I can set it so it's either bigger or smaller.

I'll see about setting it up for you tomorow. Send me an email so I know what's in your engine this time so I can make sure the jets ect are right for you. I'll make it a single shipment so you get all the parts at one time so you can do it all together. I think you'll be suprised at how well a properly set up one will work on the car. BTW, what CFM are you running now? I can set it so it's either bigger or smaller.

sounds good if your up for it. as for CFM now, i have the 650.... but jumping up to a 750 sounds like a good idea. I have been monitoring the vacuum before the inlet to see what my restrictions are like and its around 7hg at full throttle. id like to drop it down to maybe 2 or 3.

I will get an email together with all of the engine details.

:biggrin:A.j.