Before Black BS'ing thread.

Still waiting for a girdle install, line hone, bore, and deck on a 4.1 block since May. I called RJC and they will machine the caps if I send them to them for $150.00. I may be picking my block up soon and set up the girdle myself and have another shop bore it and deck it. In the meantime, my spare 269" 4.1 is running OK. I got bored this week and pulled this 291 block out of storage. It was advertised on this site as standard bore, but it was .030 over when it arrived and worn out. I honed it .005 to 4" and had it decked .010. I tapped the front oil plugs for some TA pipe plugs. I oiled it up and put it back in storage for the next build. It will take another set of custom stroker pistons to use it. Hopefully I won't need it anytime soon.

4.1 291 Spare-1.JPG 4.1 291 Spare-2.JPG

CL ad came up for some random turbo regal parts. I came for 2 T type wheels to match my 8.5" vectors.

Bought a complete set of T wheels minus a center cap

And I started looking and there was a lot of LC2 parts. Started putting together a kit and wouldnt you know! Theres a harness and ECM, random hose ect too. The only thing I'm missing that I know right now is a turbo. There was a te60 there and some high performance parts but i'm still in college so i'm keeping my costs low!
Where can I find some of those parts and how much could a kit like that set me back money wise?

Sorry fellas been away for along time had to do some work related classes and life got in the way

Hey Unc how have ya been?

Phone and net went out Thursday and I have to go to a friends to read mail ect. A bit of a bitch to say the least.:mad: Phone company said Monday everything should be fixed, yea, right.:rolleyes:

I finally got my 4.1 block from the machine shop today. Block was machined for the girdle, bored, square decked, line honed, and cleaned. Looks really good. Piston to wall clearance is what I asked for. I have to grind the block at the oil passage for rod clearance with the stroker crank on # 1, install the cam bearings, check bearing clearances, and file fit the rings. It should go pretty smooth after that since all these parts were used in my old block.

Wagon idea isn't necessarily scrapped but on hiatus. I got a decent deal on the 2+2 and its a 2+2 so I had a hard time not getting it. I would have spent twice what I spent on this getting the wagon home and I wanted a project for the winter break. Plus I can actually sell this if I decide to.

Haven't seen one of those in a long while. I wouldn't sell it, unless someone wants it a lot more than you do! What drive train are you thinking for this one?

I am running a drawthrough turbo system again! It's just not on a Buick and it's much older. One of the first production turbo engines ever along with the Olds 215 turbo.
This is on my '65 Corvair Corsa, I took out the 4 carb engine temporarily because it has a bad crank gear and is causing engine vibrations and leaking transaxle oil on the clutch disc.
So installed the all original and stock 180hp turbo engine to run for now.

Very nostalgic for me. I worked on these things at a Chevy dealer in Miami when they were new. I think 1963 was the first turbo Corvair? The Corvairs kept us busy with valve jobs and blower bearings. The Turbo Corvairs were not super fast, but I think some guys turned up the boost and made them go. The belts staying on at high RPM was a real problem too. Remember the Corvair Van? I had to install a heater in one. The box it came in was huge. It was like installing central air in a house with all the duct work and 20' cables.

Yep, your right '63 was the first year for turbos in the Olds and Corvairs. I like this old stuff, my family has had every kind of Corvair except the truck.
Your also right about them not being fast, my NA 140hp Vair engine will smoke this turbo engine, some people have made them go and go well.

Starting off the new year with a new 4.1 stroker engine. After 6 months in the machine shop waiting for a girdle install, bore, deck, and line hone, the assembly is done. My non-girdled 4.1 stroker with iron heads will go into storage, hopefully not needed for a long time. I hope everyone has a Happy and Healthy New Year.

photo 3 (1).JPG

Fired it up today and it runs great. The 885's are ticking away. I plan to use a lot less nitrous on this one and maybe it will last a long time.