Before Black BS'ing thread.

Didn't realize Eric was your cuz Aj. Talk about a small world. LOL

your not kidding, the funny thing, is every single buick guy i know in town is an "Erik or Eric"! shit I cant remember who is who these days!

There is GNeric, FuzzyGN and my cuz was Sick&Twisted I reckon.

83c.jpg

SPOILER ALERT!

Looking good... what intake is that?
That would be the weiand single plane.
Nice Aj. Show some pics of the frame since everyone can see it for a change.;)
I will get some more pics up later todays.

After a long winter of excessive abuse and the loss of one 4.1, me and the ol'lady decided that it was time for a makeover. The original front drum brakes were not stopping much and the rear was howling, and after a long pissed off "WHY DID I DO THAT" rant and rave under the truck as to why there was no removeable trans cross member, it was time to correct her problems. So down to the bare bones, new rear, new front suspension, new 4.1 to screw with. So follow me along the magical journy of Orange Crush.

Okay, so stripped down and offending cross member removed
848.jpg

I would be alot further ahead, but a small finger cut from the grinder has turned into a real pain after I realized i cut all the nerves and tendons.... i never realized how important your index finger is to welding, painting, anything really... so im slowed down alot right now.

but i am now ready to start cleaning up and setting up the new front suspension.
587.jpg

It's amazing how much you do with just 1 finger Aj. I broke the tip of my pinky in Boot and it was a total pain since we were 1/2 way though. Lost feeling in my index finger on my left due to a drill accident and trying to feel things with it or grab makes it a real pain.

It's amazing how much you do with just 1 finger Aj. I broke the tip of my pinky in Boot and it was a total pain since we were 1/2 way though. Lost feeling in my index finger on my left due to a drill accident and trying to feel things with it or grab makes it a real pain.

yea its been a real real bummer, not my idea of a good time at all............. today was particularly bad in I had a job that needed finishing for a customer, but it the process of tig welding it together my welds looked FUGLY! so Im out for another week i think...... i might get some sand blasting done though

why not just bead blast the parts? nice and fresh afterwords.......

or chemically remove it with soda, water, anode, cathode, and a battery charger?

or Good ol Navel Jelly.

me and charlie/matt talked on the FB forum for a little bit about running an engine without the use of the computer, however I did find some repop computer at orielys (http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/s...p?year=1983&make=Buick&model=Regal&vi=1020722) and thought that may be a viable option. I dont however have the stock qjet or distributor, or let alone any working components that were specificaly designed to run off the computer.

after the engine rebuild is complete, my question is what type of detionation/control system should I use? should I try to salvage whats left of the computer controled system or should I run off of the MSD, PEVR, TCC, and maybe some sort of dizzy from performance distrbutor (thier distributors even have built in rev limiters and coils avalible). The hunt is on for the turbo control center and Pevr valve.

OHHH and some forged im assuming 0.30 over forged slugs.

without starting with a complete system, its difficult to attempt to piece one together.

with the lack of availability i dont see the factory knock detection lasting much longer. I have not been able to find much for parts to repair them and have given given up in lieu of using Knock Sense. its a much cheaper stand alone unit that can be tied to an MSD BTM in place of the retard pill. its accuracy is much faster then the original and at 98$ kicks the old ECI in the pants.

easiest would be MSD,Knocksense, 4 pin hei, holley with BRPV, and a set of stock pistons.

unless you plan on really pushing the envelope... save the cash on the forged pistons.

without starting with a complete system, its difficult to attempt to piece one together.

with the lack of availability i dont see the factory knock detection lasting much longer. I have not been able to find much for parts to repair them and have given given up in lieu of using Knock Sense. its a much cheaper stand alone unit that can be tied to an MSD BTM in place of the retard pill. its accuracy is much faster then the original and at 98$ kicks the old ECI in the pants.

easiest would be MSD,Knocksense, 4 pin hei, holley with BRPV, and a set of stock pistons.

unless you plan on really pushing the envelope... save the cash on the forged pistons.

my builder says hes gonna try to get me atleast 290hp with the ported heads. Hes also gonna add a few CCs to the intake and combustion chambers. I just need to see what I can do with this intake ive got. gonna see if they can do some work with it. What about a rev limiter? performance distributors have them built into the unit and they come with 8.5mm livewires already cut and sleeved. I talked to charlie about some forged units. Just an idea.

you can make 290 NA

dont really need ported heads until your well into 350-400 hp plus. save the cash.
stock intake will work just fine on the street. if you want to port anything, this is where to spend the money.
dont need a rev limiter if your using an MSD. as it is, a stock buick HEI wont turn more than 6500 without misfiring. the module cant pass enough amperage to exceed that.... thats why I suggested a 4 pin hei... you can get one to spin much higher.

I would agree with Charlie that forged units are best, as they will broaden your tuning window a hairy bit, but for a goal of 300 or less... just more money

stock GNs have gone 10s on cast ones..........

why not just bead blast the parts? nice and fresh afterwords.......

or chemically remove it with soda, water, anode, cathode, and a battery charger?

or Good ol Navel Jelly.
so, bead blasting them will work? i need them to get this clean.

Attachments

• 169136_f7eaae887c_low_res.JPG
    169136_f7eaae887c_low_res.JPG
    318.4 KB · Views: 55