Been having problems with my car since blowing HG.

blackgn231

Money pit
Was looking at the grounds behind the head today and saw the the one with to leads going to it one is solid black and one is black with a white stripe has some broken strands on it would this cause a problem?Not sure what this wire goes to anyone?

ANY of those grounds not in near perfect condition will cause ECM/driveability issues.

If you described the problem to us we may be able to tell you if it is a ground issue...

one thing I learned a long time ago with these cars......make sure all your grounds are good actually all wiring as well......once you verify it is in tip top shape then you can diagnose your problem otherwise you will be chasing your tail.;)

Ok after fixing my blow HG went for a right and as soon as I got into a little she just started falling on her face so turned around and got on it a little going home and it was fine. Took it out and it ran great then going up the bridge here started the same thing the more gas you gave it the slower it ran then it was gone. So have tried a lot of things and nothing fixed it , from fuel pump, cam sensor, o2 sensor, plugs , fuel filter, Maf and nothing helped have a ECM to try and will fix the one ground this weekend to see if the helps it is weak for sure just a few wires going to the connector so are broken.

Any codes? any way of monitoring the f/p during these episodes? A bad/loose grd in the trunk can cause this problem.

did you repair your broken grounds? Did you check the rest of the harness? A broken ground or wiring issue can cause drivability problems without throwing a code. Since this issue started right after you did the head gasket.....best bet would be to go over your harnes and all conections,ground and power with a fine tooth comb.