beat to death wheel size backspacing question

blown okie

Chuck Norris Approved
ok like i stated before i know this has been beat to death but.. looking to buy some different wheels to mount my slicks on(and put rim screws in)
current street setup-- factory t type wheels front & rear with 275/50/15 nittos on rear.. no rubbing to speak of plan on putting some 275/60's when these wear out.. 60's will probably rub the frame if mounted on these wheels..

race setup- t wheels up front factory gn wheels rear with 28 x 9 mickey t et drags .. they rub the frame a bit on turning

car combo is in sig. factory springs all around and the rear fender lips on my car have been rolled .. doesn't need it for the current setup but did it just in case

so i know that a 15x8 w/ 4 in bs is the rule of good tire fitment on our cars.. what about a 15 x10 with what backspacing given my current combo( MY FENDER LIPS ARE ROLLED!!)

thanks for any advice

so i know that a 15x8 w/ 4 in bs is the rule of good tire fitment on our cars.. what about a 15 x10 with what backspacing given my current combo( MY FENDER LIPS ARE ROLLED!!)

thanks for any advice

I have some Phoenix 10.5"x28.5" slicks mounted on 15"x8" wheels with a rear spacing of 3.5". My fender lips are rolled so no rubbing there, but they do rub a little against the frame when turning...(I'd expect it to be worse with a rear spacing of 4"...)
As for 15"x10" wheels, I have a set I use for the street with 275-60-15 Good Year radial tires and the rear spacing for those is 4.5" with no rubbing anywhere. I use a small 1/4" spacer on the left side just to have the same clearance between the tire's inner sidewall bulge and frame. One thing though...if slicks were mounted on these wheels, I dunno if the rear spacing would be ok because the sidewall bulge is bigger on the slicks than on the street tires...:redface:
Hope this helps...

Claude. :wink: