BB HA turbo ?

RegalT-type85

Has anyone does this? Would it be any difference or not worth doing? No plans for this just asking.

Lets say a TA33 BB would it outperform the JB TA33?

^ that's what I remember. With the carbon seal there is no advantage but has that been proven? I mean even a small difference in spool might help

Cool Brian. I'm gonna foward some brain storming to you in a few so if you have any questions about what I was talking about earlier then ask me.

a wonderful example.

I spent serious coin 2 years ago devloping all of this stuff.

i got a huge supply of carbon seal backing plates for just this situation. so we could supply up to 88mm units

hardly a bit of intrest.

we did the ball bearing carbon seal test.

sure it spooled slighty faster, but the constant drag on the seal negated the extra cost. particularly to the HA and carb guys. we even got past the buring of the face by eliminating the encapsulated carbon seal for a high speed floating one.

but the cost is unreal in a draw thru application. unless you have a specific engineered draw thru design, the cost is too high to be worth any advantage to the average builder. there is going to be minor seat of the pants difference to the seat of the pants feel between the 2.

this is a hard community to support. and I gave up on trying.

:cool:A.j.

A.j my phone is about to die but I'm heading back from az right now. I will be in contact soon ;)

Hope you have better luck than I have lately Brent. He hasn't picked up when I've called and tried to send him some stuff.