baseline values needed for DS

whistlingT

Limited's Rock
I am just getting into TR again and I have a 56k mile turbo T. I have a direct scan and a 60 turbo, orange stripe converter, ported heads intake, 3" Terry huston DP, 009's, adj regulator, thumb wheel chip by caspers with custom programs for race fuel, direct scan, K&N, walbro fuel pump and a volt booster. Also a very disappointing 13.20 et. before on a way loose converter and a 49 turbo my car went 12.30. The combo is new to me and I need good range numbers for DS readings. I know the car should go 11's but its NOT. I have o2 readings in the 700-750 range and it is shifting way early about 4200-4600. HELP?!?!?:confused:

You need to step up the injectors. 55-65 lb range. Your O2's are lean----better around 800mv's. What is the injector duty cycle at? HTH, Brian

I can get the o2 to read anything I, want with some more fuel psi. The injector duty cycle is about 70'ish with a high of 81%. I had the o2 in the 800 range but the car would not spool well and looked like a disel when power enrichment came on. Also it was shifting at 4200 into 2nd and 4600 into 3rd.

1. Got knock? ;)
2. How much boost?
3. What are your incremental times like? (330', 660', MPH, etc.)
4. What are your 60' numbers like?
5. Post your DS file(s), if you want.

...and let it rev a little...

1-2 knock counts total less than 2 deg timing retard.
20 psi boost
due to not spooling very well 60 foot times are 2.0'ish
mph was 109
I switched the chip to 100 race gas a car shifts later why would more agressive chip cause the car to short shift?
it is a caspers thumb wheel
I will post DS numbers later

A more aggressive chip will shift quicker if that is what is called for in the power band to maximize usefullness of the power curve. Why go to 5500 if its not gonna pull any harder after 4800.

I understand the power band and power out put but my car short shifts so much it is in 4th gear before the 1/4 mile ends. It will make hp to the 5000 rpm mark probably not much past but the car should not be in 4th gear around 1000 ft. I have had a few low 11 second cars and one turbo regal about 6 years ago that went 11.99 with a 49 turbo. I am just struggling with this combo. I also noticed a flare after the short shifting in the 2-3 so I may have transmission issues? I believe I will take it out and do some country road testing just to get trans issues sorted out and shift points corrected. I have a good 93 chip that the car ran 12.30's on so I may just install that and try to tune 1 chip in just right then maybe move back to the thumbwheel setup. I still love the replys and look fwd to reading each one so keep replying.... The help is invaluable.

my memory is fuzzy on how to exactally adjust the detent cable so input on that subject would be appreciated.