Barrett Jackson Gn $40k

rmc123

Barrett Jackson just sold a 87 GN with less than 7K miles for $40K at Las Vegas Auction tonight. I think it may be the car that kirban just sold. Anyone Know? Lot 156 on docket list. 3rd higest seller for the auction at this point.
I think I might hang on to mine. Was thinking about selling it, now not so much.

gn for 40k

damn and we ask 27k for a killer 6k mile gn and get beat down day in and day out. Guess we should go to Barrett :eek:

After their ridiculous selling fees, entry fees, registration fees, transportation, hotels, food, and misc expenses, you're just better off selling it yourself. Plus, BJ are a bunch of crooks. Most of my classic car dealer collegues all say the same thing. Craig Jackson especially is as crooked as a witch's nose.

Everyone of those auctions have shills in with the crowd of buyers, driving up the price's.
They have been suspected of doing so in the past, and they are still selling cars?? They must have there hands on a few GN's and are trying to unload them high??

After their ridiculous selling fees, entry fees, registration fees, transportation, hotels, food, and misc expenses, you're just better off selling it yourself. Plus, BJ are a bunch of crooks. Most of my classic car dealer collegues all say the same thing. Craig Jackson especially is as crooked as a witch's nose.

Selling fee is 8%, admission fee is $500-$1000 depending if you are prime time or not prime time, which I think this was not prime time judging from the lot number. Transportation, who know where the owner is from, could be local like the times I have sold at Palm Beach, I drove the car the 3 miles to the showgrounds. There are no registration fees. Let's say they did pay $1000 to transport, the seller got a nice 3 day vacation and still walked away with $34K+ for that car. Not that shabby

Please do not take offense, and this is not directed at you, since what I have seen from your dealership seems to be pretty much straight-up, but to have a bunch of collector car dealers call Craig Jackson and BJ a bunch of crooks is like throwing a bunch of rocks at a glass house. From what I see, for the most part, collector car dealers are worse then used car dealers. Buy low, sell high and do whatever is necessary to fool the buying public. Not many honorable people in that industry.

While on this subject, this one could be interesting. This car was bought at BK Plam Beach in 2007. The Arizona dealer paid $32K for this car at the auction. Tried hawking it for $50K, didn't sell, now back at BJ Vegas. Let's see what it does.

Barrett-Jackson - The World's Greatest Collector Car Events™

Here we go again with the Barrett Jackson auction. Now you will see insane asking prices on all GN's because one went for 40K at the BJ. I hate the Barrett Auctions because of this. Everyone thinks if they get that $$$ at the BJ that they'll get the same anywhere else. Good luck:rolleyes: This happens every year

ok

Now if everyone is done bashing Barrett Jackson, Can anyone actually answer the original question??????

Here we go again with the Barrett Jackson auction. Now you will see insane asking prices on all GN's because one went for 40K at the BJ. I hate the Barrett Auctions because of this. Everyone thinks if they get that $$$ at the BJ that they'll get the same anywhere else. Good luck:rolleyes: This happens every year

The WE4 sold for $25K. $9K less then it sold at Palm Beach. I don't think any dealers are going to take much solace from this auction. Prices are down for sure.

Selling fee is 8%, admission fee is $500-$1000 depending if you are prime time or not prime time, which I think this was not prime time judging from the lot number. Transportation, who know where the owner is from, could be local like the times I have sold at Palm Beach, I drove the car the 3 miles to the showgrounds. There are no registration fees. Let's say they did pay $1000 to transport, the seller got a nice 3 day vacation and still walked away with $34K+ for that car. Not that shabby

Please do not take offense, and this is not directed at you, since what I have seen from your dealership seems to be pretty much straight-up, but to have a bunch of collector car dealers call Craig Jackson and BJ a bunch of crooks is like throwing a bunch of rocks at a glass house. From what I see, for the most part, collector car dealers are worse then used car dealers. Buy low, sell high and do whatever is necessary to fool the buying public. Not many honorable people in that industry.

While on this subject, this one could be interesting. This car was bought at BK Plam Beach in 2007. The Arizona dealer paid $32K for this car at the auction. Tried hawking it for $50K, didn't sell, now back at BJ Vegas. Let's see what it does.

Barrett-Jackson - The World's Greatest Collector Car Events™

Rich

was it my old car ? It had 7k when I sold it at Barrett

Rich

was it my old car ? It had 7k when I sold it at Barrett

Jeff, funny you asked that, because I was thinking the same thing when I read the description.

Your description:
All original 87 grand national with 6200 original miles including paint. Factory astro roof 1 of less than 1,500 made. Binder full of paperwork including window sticker, sales invoice, extended warranty card, customer satisfaction procedure sheet and much more. Brand new condition, always collector owned 1 of a handful left with astro roof option in this condition with this mileage. Title In Transit

Their description:
All original including paint and factory Astroroof. 6,661 original miles. 1 of less than 1,500 made. Binder full of paperwork including Window Sticker, sales invoice, extended warranty card, customer satisfaction procedure sheet, factory owner's manual and much more. In like brand new condition. Always owned by collectors. This is just one of a handful left with Astroroof option in this condition with this mileage.

I'd say yes, appears to be your old car or he plagiarized your description .

RE: Well that helps, I think

Have a 5,100 mile Org GN. Was thinking things are down. Also totally re-did

A Limited white with blue interior.All papers. Motor runs nice but too high mileage.For my liking. So if Ican save, some money..Going to have short block done.

Found a ton of parts I started to collect. On my first GN which was stolen in 1996..Things we forget. Needed a, power antennea for my current car. Must have bought a brand new one back when .Still in box.......Boy I was happy.

Have to make list and see. Maybe can get block done

barrett jackson is a weekend get away for the rich people, in the real world those prices cars sell for just dont happen, go to BJ if you're rich show off your money and you get to be on tv too... but in the end that car you just bought for 100k is worth 50k when you are on the plane ride back home from BJ:eek:

so true. Money rules. I like to study in history. Seems times change but economies and power rich people stay the same.

I know the Banks got greedy. But we will come out of this in time.
Had to put my.02 cents in..................Rob

Don't be angry. I have a 5,100 Orginal GN. Do I enjoy it. No.Which is why for 5 years I have been doing a driver. 1987 white Limited. Needs a freshening of motor. But everything is new. And a buddy, let me use his body shop to paint it. Body was in great shape.

Don't be bitter because this guy actually had the "balls" to run his car through a no reserve auction, he got lucky and got ALL the money, I was there at the auction and the WE4 was in way nicer shape and went for only 25...Its the luck of the draw in a no reserve auction. I almost **** myself when the hammer dropped at 40k on a thursday nite, but I'm not pissed at Barrett Jackson, or the consigner, nor the winning bidder... Now lets drop this whole subject!!!!

Don't be bitter because this guy actually had the "balls" to run his car through a no reserve auction, he got lucky and got ALL the money, I was there at the auction and the WE4 was in way nicer shape and went for only 25...Its the luck of the draw in a no reserve auction. I almost **** myself when the hammer dropped at 40k on a thursday nite, but I'm not pissed at Barrett Jackson, or the consigner, nor the winning bidder... Now lets drop this whole subject!!!!

Who is bitter ?

Drop the whole subject ? This is a open forum.

Guess I'm just venting like the rest of us, all of us know the Turbo market fairly well and can agree that was way too much money for a 6k mile GN, I actually opened up the bidding at 15k and it took a while to get to 40, guess someone really wanted an astroroof huh? I figure whoever brought the car to Barrett went out on the town later that night. Anyways, just hope the people in here all think their GN is worth 40K now, that is what will destroy the market.

Am I missing something. Didn't the WE4 have bad fillers all the way around. I obviously didn't see the car in person, but a 2k mile car with that kind of documentation and attention to detail shouldn't have fillers that looked like that. Am I wrong?