Barona Drags this Saturday. Oct. 18th, 2008

Alky V6

Let's go racing, boyz!
This is a recent email from the track. Note the time that they're racing. It's been changed.

SECOND ANNUAL GOBLIN GAMBLER 2008/TEST and TUNE this SATURDAY OCT 18, 2008

It's time to roll the dice at the drag strip this Saturday - we are featuring 3 big bracket races:

SUPER PRO/SUPER QUICK COMBO (Electronics w/ cross talk) Entry $100 (two drivers one car OK or same driver entered twice).
Racing will run in tech card sessions until the money rounds, then it will be laddered. $50 buy-backs

BOTTOM BULB BONANZA (Non-Electronics) Entry $100 (two drivers one car OK or same driver twice).
Racing will run in tech card sessions until the money rounds, then it will be laddered. $50 buy-backs
Last year the Bottom Bulb Bonanza paid over 5 GRAND!

MOTORCYCLE MADNESS Entry $50 buy backs $25

85% of buy-in goes to the purse. All pay-outs dependent on car count!

ALL winners qualify for the year end KING OF THE TRACK week end which means you can win a WALLY!!!

TEST & TUNE LANES OPEN ALL DAY!!! ALL cars welcome - if you can drive it, you can race it!!!!

Gates open: 6 a.m.
Tech at: 7:00 a.m.
Racing starts: 8:00 a.m.

$40 to race ($10 gate + $30 Tech)
SPECTATORS: Adult $10, Youth 11 - 16 $5 Kids 10 and under FREE!!!

If you like to GAMBLE, Barona is the place to RACE

RACING FUEL and METHANOL available at the track for the best price this side of Bakersfield!

Check out our myspace at: MySpace.com - Barona 1/8 Mile - 100 - Male - Barona, California - www.myspace.com/barona_dragstrip

OVERNIGHT CAMPING IS FREE!!!! And encouraged - make a weekend out of it! Cars can start moving in Friday night....

Rick Reynolds
Track Operator
Barona 1/8th Mile Drags
Barona 1/8th Mile Drags
cell: (619) 252 - 9756

Thanks for posting in the Southwestern Section, Donnie, and hope that you do well. Good Luck

I plan on being there to try for my NHRA lic.

REG
Good for you, Reg.

I'm going to be there at the track to spectate. If you need any help at all, I'm there.

Have you made any runs towards your license yet?

Getting your license is an exciting step.

Bring the application to the track with you, filled out as much as possible. They'll need to sign off on the runs that you fill in on the app. Don't lose the time slips. You'll need to send those in with the app.

Reg. Make sure the car will pass tech for the license you're applying for. The chassis will need to be certified. They won't let you run for your license if the car won't meet the tech requirements.

I have all the paper work,did the physical, got the cage certified.I have not made any runs yet hope to do them all this sat.Thanks the offer to help Don. I see you there.

REG

who ran 6.20?????????

I heard a GN ran 6.20 , hmmmmmmm
slipping and sliding ,
just think if it hooks up!!:biggrin:

Congrats to Reg on completing the license runs. I know it's a big deal. I remember how I felt when I did my final license run.

Congrats!!!

Thanks for the kind words guys.It was nice to see you all there to support my effort.I am glad that I have that process behind me, now I can work on tuning the car and getting a few bugs out of it.

REG