Banks Straight Shot...

Any one running/tested this on our GN's?

• I have this system and it works great.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I know someone that has this and it works great.

• I don't have this system ......but i want it.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This looks like a really great system. Is there anyone here that has tested this or running this new system on their GN? If so.....how easy is it to tune and set up?

Banks, at least in the diesel world; Is way over priced, you're paying for the name, that's it. Usually performance isn't what one would expect either.

If you have a problem and call will Gale Banks answer the phone?

This was just an observation that I made and thought it possibly would be able to make alky injection in ours cars easier. I am new at this so I could be way off that this would be a good product for our cars.

Alky Control is easy to install and works flawless. Good instructions and Julio answers the phone. Heck he even did some work on my system in Bowling Green. Free work!!

Julio all the way. It does not get easier or more reliable.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I agree... Julio is top notch. Great customer service!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If you have a problem and call will Gale Banks answer the phone?

LOL

But all kidding aside - I thought the 2-1/16" gauge control was novel.
Although - I like Mike's instrument cluster applique much better.
But still - not a bad innovation vs. the rectangular box.
Ya gotta admit - the electronics for our cars all have that early 70's Apollo or Gemini era look to them. i.e. Scanmaster, MAF trans, Alky control.
Doesn't make them work any worse - jus sayin'

I think folks get caught up in the next wiz bang deal. What you don't see is in reality is the major limit to any systems speed of change is the pump due to its mass. Its like getting a ferris wheel to speed up and slow down. Acknowledging this is the first step.
We can get into other things like what tank, what lines, fittings, wiring, placement of components, etc.. and your back to 2003 when I started doing this "figuring out" how to get things working. Then subject your car to trial and error testing in hopes what you get will function as planned.

So.. you can elect to buy a system based on name that offers no support for your vehicle. Then deal with the fitment, placement, wiring, and finally setup. And hope your investment in time yields some benefit unknown to all of us. This is why i've kept electronics simple and robust. And thrown money at the part of the kit no other company does… the plumbing, electrical, and R&D specific to the cars.

Hate to say it this way.. your better off buying whats known to fit and work.. then modify it if you can find the need to do so rather than start from scratch trying to make things work.

Good luck with your choices.. don't fall into the marketing hype.. it'll do you in all the time.

Biggest cost is the resource you can't ever get back.. that is time. If you buy a known working product for your specific application, you save "time". Especially true when having to pay someone to install and figure stuff out for you.

I think folks get caught up in the next wiz bang deal. What you don't see is in reality is the major limit to any systems speed of change is the pump due to its mass. Its like getting a ferris wheel to speed up and slow down. Acknowledging this is the first step.
We can get into other things like what tank, what lines, fittings, wiring, placement of components, etc.. and your back to 2003 when I started doing this "figuring out" how to get things working. Then subject your car to trial and error testing in hopes what you get will function as planned.

So.. you can elect to buy a system based on name that offers no support for your vehicle. Then deal with the fitment, placement, wiring, and finally setup. And hope your investment in time yields some benefit unknown to all of us. This is why i've kept electronics simple and robust. And thrown money at the part of the kit no other company does… the plumbing, electrical, and R&D specific to the cars.

Hate to say it this way.. your better off buying whats known to fit and work.. then modify it if you can find the need to do so rather than start from scratch trying to make things work.

Good luck with your choices.. don't fall into the marketing hype.. it'll do you in all the time.

Biggest cost is the resource you can't ever get back.. that is time. If you buy a known working product for your specific application, you save "time". Especially true when having to pay someone to install and figure stuff out for you.

WELL SAID!!!!

U da MAN!!!!