Balancer to Sensor Interference

Just FYI. I also double checked that the slinger is indeed inside the timing cover. But if it wasn't in there, that certainly could have been the problem.

when you start mixing parts you really need to check the "stackup" of everything on the end of the crank-------timing chain alignment, oil slinger and balancer are all important-------some cranks even have the "snout" that is actually the #1 bearing journal that everything presses against of a different height---------shims are required quite often-------i make them and keep them on hand in varying thicknesses from about .020 to .100 for just this reason-------next time email me and i will send you what you need............RC

when you start mixing parts you really need to check the "stackup" of everything on the end of the crank-------timing chain alignment, oil slinger and balancer are all important-------some cranks even have the "snout" that is actually the #1 bearing journal that everything presses against of a different height---------shims are required quite often-------i make them and keep them on hand in varying thicknesses from about .020 to .100 for just this reason-------next time email me and i will send you what you need............rc
+1

I have lots of left over pinion shims

from when I did rear ends, in all thickness's.
using 109 block, china crank, BMS balancer, needed .040 to line everything up.
I also needed to clearance the RJC girdle for reluctor teeth.
typical assemble, and check, reassemble and check , repeat as needed.