Crank trigger magnet bracket?

XXQUICK6XX

Doe's anybody have any pictures of one for a on center motor with a late style timing cover? Any help would be appreciated. Tried to use the stock crank sensor with the BHJ balancer but there is not enough clearance top put it on with the balancer torqued down The slinger is on with the crank gear but am using a crower billet crank? :confused:

Thanks Steve

The way you state problem is confusing, at least to me?:confused:

The term "magnet" is used, but you are using a stock GN crank sensor.

If the problem is the BHJ ring is too far into the crank sensor slot, or actually interferes, maybe you can machine the bracket to make fit.

Hi Nick,
Now that I look at it I see what your talking about. It's a two part question. I have a on center T/A block with a high volume cover, I have a BHJ balancer on a crower billet crank double row timing chain with the oil slinger on it. The trouble is the stock style crank sensor bottoms out in the interrupter ring on the balancer like the balancer is too far in. I don't know if there is a different bracket/sensor that fits or ideas on how to mod it.

Second is I have a MSD crank trigger set up that was on a stage two the bracket that attaches to the stage two cover for the sensor is obvious different than for my cover because that might be the route i might go. Just was looking for pictures or a part number that might work.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Nick,
............... The trouble is the stock style crank sensor bottoms out in the interrupter ring on the balancer like the balancer is too far in. I don't know if there is a different bracket/sensor that fits or ideas on how to mod it.
.............. Thanks, Steve

We have had this situation on a couple local engines we built. There was slight interference with the ring too far into the slot. We were able to machine the back side of the stock bracket enough so the crank sensor would clear the slot.:)

This is not unusual with the Crower crank. If you need more info, call Mike at TA about this situation.

Hi Nick,
Now that I look at it I see what your talking about. It's a two part question. I have a on center T/A block with a high volume cover, I have a BHJ balancer on a crower billet crank double row timing chain with the oil slinger on it. The trouble is the stock style crank sensor bottoms out in the interrupter ring on the balancer like the balancer is too far in. I don't know if there is a different bracket/sensor that fits or ideas on how to mod it.

Second is I have a MSD crank trigger set up that was on a stage two the bracket that attaches to the stage two cover for the sensor is obvious different than for my cover because that might be the route i might go. Just was looking for pictures or a part number that might work.

Thanks,
Steve

On your first question: My experience with my on center engine is if you are planning on running stock style water pump and accessories you will probably also find the pullies do not line up with the crank pulley. To solve this and to solve your sensor interference problem, you can use a .120" thick spacer between your oil slinger and balancer.

I had to use a .125 spacer between the balancer n the timing chain if you dont your belts wont align you could use a spacer on the balancer before the pulley but that wont help your stock crank sensor problem .

One of the things you have to do with an on-center block is to either:
1. Use the .120 spacer behind the balancer, or
2. Mill the front cover .120 (as stated in the PowerSource book.)

I milled my cover in order to true up the cam gear-distributor gear alignment. If you mill the cover, you'll also have to mill the main accessory bracket.

If you space the balancer out, your belts should line up. But your cam sensor gear is going to be .120 off in relation to the cam gear.

Either way should give you the room you need for your crank sensor.