Balance Question...

Crazi

Why Try...
The motor is out of my car (head gasket) and the shop going thru it found bearing wear. Told me that everything else looked fine except that the motor was internally balanced but I had the stock damper and flex plate on it. I put them in way back before I knew enough to ask a question about internal vs external.

So question to you guys, what kind of damage would an internally balanced motor with externally balanced parts above cause?

It will shake you to death, feel ''grungy'' and most likely self destruct the engine by beating the main bearings out.

Thanks! Now the next question. Forged crank is going in. Is TA the best bet for an internal balanced dampener/balancer?

Are there true harmonic balancers made for our cars that will be a bolt on or is it not needed?

Ta is making a damper u can use internal or external made by bhj but is cheaper than a bhj.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

TA has already made them. They come with a bolt on weight to be balanced externally if that's what you want to do. I picked one up to replace by cracked one when I built my short block. They are a really nice looking piece and a good bit cheaper then the BHJ.

Damper and balancer are two different things.

I ordered a BHJ and was assuming it was a damper vs balancer. Shop advised that I go with a harmonic damper vs the stock balancer/neutral weighted TA one.