Baer Pro+ 13" w/6p calipers!!! Installed

OConnor

Installed the fronts and got the matching 13" w/6P calipers for the rear delivered today. Awesome product can't wait to see the difference!

Attachments

• 2011-06-26_18-53-00_827.jpg
    2011-06-26_18-53-00_827.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 462
  • 2011-06-27_17-28-35_33.jpg
    2011-06-27_17-28-35_33.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 464
Very nice brakes, I love the look of massive rotors and calipers besides the obvious stopping benefit. What kind of master are you using?

Holy Ch!t:eek::eek::eek::eek:.... You need to upgrade you seatbelts.... or else when you mash the brakes you can go straight through the windshield.....:eek::eek:

Really you will love your brakes

aaron

I did the same thing per rick lol. Mine is probably a month out before being able to test it though. Yours looks great!

I'm doing a bunch of work to the car so it could be awhile. I got to get the rearend in the car so I can measure for new driveshaft.

They look great!

Rear still stock?

I wouldn't do Baer rear discs. They have a design issue that allows the calipers to contact the rotor. :(

9" Ford rearend Rick and what issues? The wheels are Simmons 17x8.

With a Ford 9" your ok. The calipers are locked down (I believe). The c clip rear ends are another story. They have a floating mech on the calipers. There are clearance issues with that set up. Working with Baer now on a solution.

Yes the calipers are locked down. You made me nervous lol! Have you seen the brakes in person yet if not you should stop by sometime and check them out.

Yes the calipers are locked down. You made me nervous lol! Have you seen the brakes in person yet if not you should stop by sometime and check them out.

I have a car here now with the exact same set up. Only difference is the rear end. :(

I could still swing by though. :cool:

Man that looks good! :) (ok.. I am biased!) :)

The 9" rear will not have an issue due to the fixed axles (bearing on axle). We are running into an issue right now on a g-body rear (assume it is yours TurboBuRick?) where the rotor is coming in contact with the caliper body.

We are looking into this now (getting some pics), and not sure why it is happening yet. Keep in mind we do almost every 10/12 bolt c-clip rear axle and this is the 3rd issue where this has come up (out of all the ones on the road). It might be due to excessive axle movement.. not sure. We have a stock 8.5" 10 bolt at work now we will mock up and check.

We have this on a number of g-bodys with no issue (including Scot W's car).

We will figure it out what is causing it.

Thanks Rick your white car was the inspiration for the wheels years ago it's funny how it came full circle to running your brakes too!:wink:

Man that looks good! :) (ok.. I am biased!) :)

The 9" rear will not have an issue due to the fixed axles (bearing on axle). We are running into an issue right now on a g-body rear (assume it is yours TurboBuRick?) where the rotor is coming in contact with the caliper body.

We are looking into this now (getting some pics), and not sure why it is happening yet. Keep in mind we do almost every 10/12 bolt c-clip rear axle and this is the 3rd issue where this has come up (out of all the ones on the road). It might be due to excessive axle movement.. not sure. We have a stock 8.5" 10 bolt at work now we will mock up and check.

We have this on a number of g-bodys with no issue (including Scot W's car).

We will figure it out what is causing it.

Hey Rick, is there something i need to be concerned with on my 6piston setup? What do i need to look at to make sure i dont have this problem...thanks Mike

Glad to hear you liked the white car... it sure would be nice if I could put it back together one day and drive it again! :)

Mike, you had the Track+ on the rear still correct? That is a floating caliper, that will have no issue.

There is not a design issue or flaw with this rear brake. We are running into an odd issue that for some reason this rear is causing the rotor to contact the caliper. Possibly something is wrong with what we sent (wrong bracket etc), something is installed incorrectly by error, or there is something odd with the rear. Either way we will figure it out.

Every singe 10/12 bolt system we do, including all the GM trucks, trailblazer etc all have the exact same design for the rear.