Bad Powermaster for sale

1KWIKV6

Just converted to vacuum brakes on my 1 owner 87 GN and have this powermaster with about 120,000 miles on it. Died on me a few weeks ago and had fluid coming out of it and onto the exhaust manifold. Did not care to troubleshoot it just wanted it gone because my 9 year old son was in the backseat with me at the time. Not chancing this system again . Funny thing was the powermaster locked up the front brakes on my test drive in late '86 and I still bought the car. Includes pedal , vacuum manifold etc. Email me at frantz64@comcast.net for pic's . $100 plus actual shipping.

Kirban may be accepting those as cores and gives a $100 credit. That would be an option if he is still in need of them.

Thanks but in no need of any parts . I'm in need of some $ right now as wifes job was lost a month ago due to budget cuts and I tore up my knee at work . I've had surgery and awaiting return to work later this week. If too high someone can make an offer.

You should be able to get 80 pretty easy as i have sold 4 that way, after paying the 18 or so for shipping to kirbans you are only getting 80 something for it anyways, and his deal is store credit only. There is a cardone shop by me that i am currently working out a deal for them to accept cores directly from individuals, i will post what becomes of it.

You should be able to get 80 pretty easy as i have sold 4 that way, after paying the 18 or so for shipping to kirbans you are only getting 80 something for it anyways, and his deal is store credit only. There is a cardone shop by me that i am currently working out a deal for them to accept cores directly from individuals, i will post what becomes of it.

Great idea projectmoneypit. Let us know cuz I have a few around.

Just converted to vacuum brakes on my 1 owner 87 GN and have this powermaster with about 120,000 miles on it. Died on me a few weeks ago and had fluid coming out of it and onto the exhaust manifold. Did not care to troubleshoot it just wanted it gone because my 9 year old son was in the backseat with me at the time. Not chancing this system again . Funny thing was the powermaster locked up the front brakes on my test drive in late '86 and I still bought the car. Includes pedal , vacuum manifold etc. Email me at frantz64@comcast.net for pic's . $100 plus actual shipping.

You are lucky you got that many miles out of it. I've had numerous powermasters go out under 40,000 miles. I'm talking back in the early 90's also:eek:

I had good luck. My first gn I bought in 88 lasted to 60k without anything being replaced other than 2 accumulator bowls, 4 brake swtches, 4 cracked headers replaced , 6 rear main seal jobs. All under warranty :D . Then they voided the extended service warrant and sent me kicking rocks. Hence the new 92' LX 5.0 Midnight blue metallic hatchback. That was a mistake:( still wonder where my first love ended up...

I had good luck. My first gn I bought in 88 lasted to 60k without anything being replaced other than 2 accumulator bowls, 4 brake swtches, 4 cracked headers replaced , 6 rear main seal jobs. All under warranty :D . Then they voided the extended service warrant and sent me kicking rocks. Hence the new 92' LX 5.0 Midnight blue metallic hatchback. That was a mistake:( still wonder where my first love ended up...

Been there. I do miss my 04 cobra, but not the same as a GN. I have 3 or 4 powermasters around here still, but I switched to the hydroboost on the GN I'm working on now. Maybe I'll get this one to work how it is supposed to.:confused:

Been there. I do miss my 04 cobra, but not the same as a GN. I have 3 or 4 powermasters around here still, but I switched to the hydroboost on the GN I'm working on now. Maybe I'll get this one to work how it is supposed to.:confused:
I have heard great things about the hydroboost. Im good so far with my pm unit but need a accumulator bowl. Im gonna pick up a cardone unit and be done with it. I was told that if you change the fluid every 6 months or so (suck it out of the reservoir) then put new fluid in, they will last alot longer.