bad idle

delcreek

im having a bad idle issue wich i think is vacuum related. i narrowed it down to the vacuum line going to t he hvac and cruise control, what would happen if just plug that hose?

Sure but why not try and trace the problem. It's common for the plastic line on the heater control to crack. Run your fingers down those lines. Also the cruise control has a vacuum line under the dash that goes to a switch on the brake arm. Make sure that did not come unhooked.

HTH

RL

Sure but why not try and trace the problem. It's common for the plastic line on the heater control to crack. Run your fingers down those lines. Also the cruise control has a vacuum line under the dash that goes to a switch on the brake arm. Make sure that did not come unhooked.

HTH

RL
im just trying to get the engine to run right first. a funny thing happened right now, i plugged the hose and it seemed to idle alot better; i was even able to get the iac number on the scanmaster to 30 which is something i have never been able to do before. the blm numbers were close at 111 which is something that i have never been able to do either. everything was going good then the car started to lightly sputter and the iac numbers started going down quickly till it got to 0 like before. the gas is a couple months old and im not sure what the level is. also the fuel pressure stays at around 20psi no matter how i adjust the fpr. any ideas?

Sounds like you nailed down a pretty good vacuum leak.

Close the throttle plate little by little till iac is 20 or so. Then raise tps back to .42.

Only 20psi fp sounds like fuel pump might be dying or possibly a leak inside the tank..

HTH

RL

Sounds like you nailed down a pretty good vacuum leak.

Close the throttle plate little by little till iac is 20 or so. Then raise tps back to .42.

Only 20psi fp sounds like fuel pump might be dying or possibly a leak inside the tank..

HTH

RL
could the low fp be caused by low voltage output, the scanmaster is reading about 11.3. im trying to make sure all my grounds are ok.

Prolly not helping. Does the volt light illuminate with key on engine off? If the bulb in the dash is blown the system will not charge.

Also check voltage on the main lug at the back of the alternator. With engine running should be in upper 13v range.

RL