Bad gas?

teegee

Hey guys is there a way to run good gas through the car without draining the tank I just filled up?I got a bad miss after fillling up today just cruising enjoying the weather.I did change plugs but no differance my car is stock except cold air kit .Latest Scanmaster numbers are:
af5
lb40
bat13.6
int136
blm147 up from 122 last check
clt185
ats97
rpm725
tps.46
iac59
cc26-250
no mal codes
I've owned this car for several years but just got into to tuning it lots of fun when when its running good but it gives me a major headache trying to figure out some of the promblems.I got a power plate and a lt1 with trans later coming going to upgrade injectors and fuel pump also.Like to be able to drive it most days. you guys are always very helpful thanks

Hey guys is there a way to run good gas through the car without draining the tank I just filled up?I got a bad miss after fillling up today just cruising enjoying the weather.I did change plugs but no differance my car is stock except cold air kit .Latest Scanmaster numbers are:
af5
lb40
bat13.6
int136
blm147 up from 122 last check
clt185
ats97
rpm725
tps.46
iac59
cc26-250
no mal codes

It may just be a coincidence that you started having the problem after the gas fill. Your BLM's and INT. numbers are way high which says the computer is adding fuel. Your IAC and TPS are also high. The TPS should be in the .40-.44 range. IAC should be in the 20's range. You may have a MAF starting to go or you picked up an air/vacuum leak somewhere in your intake system. Also check your fuel pressure.

what would make the motor rev when you put in park and then gose down in rpm after a couple seconds i looked for vacum leaks and has a chip i put another IAC valve in it and dose the same thing what you think

what would make the motor rev when you put in park and then gose down in rpm after a couple seconds i looked for vacum leaks and has a chip i put another IAC valve in it and dose the same thing what you think

That sounds like an air leak somewhere. The IAC is slow to adjust your idle speed which means your IAC is not adjusted correctly or you have air coming in from somewhere else. Have you gone through the TPS/IAC adjustment procedure?

That sounds like an air leak somewhere. The IAC is slow to adjust your idle speed which means your IAC is not adjusted correctly or you have air coming in from somewhere else. Have you gone through the TPS/IAC adjustment procedure?
not sure and how to adjust the IAC have a monitor 2000 so i can see some numbers and the tps is set at 40 showing 4.36 volts? @ WOT whats the procedure to adjustments for the TPS @ IAC not sure fuel pressure is set at 45 which is a little rich i think car is stock

Mikester I have been adjusting on the tps and iac they seem to be right several runs in a roll but the day it started missing thats the numbers that came up. I still thought they were in parameters.Are there a good guide to go by the scanmaster numbers with a basically stock motor?Today got up ready to drain the tank and it ran fine but didn;t drive it as much as yesterday.I did lower the tps to .42.Thanks again

not sure and how to adjust the IAC have a monitor 2000 so i can see some numbers and the tps is set at 40 showing 4.36 volts? @ WOT whats the procedure to adjustments for the TPS @ IAC not sure fuel pressure is set at 45 which is a little rich i think car is stock

Did you say you had the fuel pressure at 45? If so on a stock setup I think it should only be around 38 lbs...

i found a air leak coming from the PVC valve hose when you push on it a little you can here an air leak it has cracks around the end of hose so maybe that will fix that problem thanks

ok i thought it maybe running rich i put at 40 PSI but i will go lower maybe it wont be slugish better gas miles to the gallon and im only running 13 to 14 pounds with zero knock thanks