bad brake problem

fett87

so im drivin in the gn one day, and all of a sudden the breaks wont work! I Have to stand on the pedal to get it to brake, if i had to compare it to somthing else in the car going bad, id compare it to power steering going and having to arm wrestle the car car to steer, so anyone knows what happened please tell me! thanks

Powermaster system? If the PM system, sounds like you have blown the main fuse usually caused by the PM motor going out. There's a good PM trouble shooting system tree on GNTTYPE.org so you should check that out. I'd start by checking your brake fuse and replacing if blown. If it keeps blowing (brake fuse), there is a reason! It's either a 20 or 30a- can't remember? If you need the PM motor, they are available from Hank Terry for $150.00 but he requires you to purchase a new pressure switch too to warranty the motor. I had this same problem and mine kept blowing the brake fuse until I replaced the bad shorted out PM motor on my car. Good luck.

That must be my problem too.

I keep changing the fuse and it just keeps blowing out. How do you get ahold of Mr. Terry?

Blown fuse

Diddo here, just started doing it last week. Brakes work fine when fuse is replaced but it blows after about twenty minutes everytime.

If motor runs longer than its designed to,it will blow fuse.Either accumulator has lost charge and causing motor to run like mad,the motor isnt making pressure or switch has shorted causing motor to run too long.My guess is accum first,then motor.Check for leaks inside car by pedal area also.Depressurize system and check fluid level.