back in black saturday

drd21968

IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0087.jpg

IMG_0089.JPG three months of body work and my gn is going to the paint room saturday.i will be at martinsville nascar race and wont see it until sunday.if it looks like my old gn i will be happy:)

Im so jelous mine needs paint preety bad too....Your one step closer than me. Keep us posted with pics and update cause its comming along good!

It's still only Friday and if you get this in time- I would remove the quarter windows, mirrors, door handles and door locks, rear spoiler and the extensions. Also the black trim around the front and rear window and the trim piece on the bottom of the trunk. I did this on mine last Nov. and it wasn't hard to do. You will need a special tool for the trim around the front/rear windows. The quarter glass is just held in with five self cutting speed nuts. The glass and rubber trim come off as one piece. You will need a swivel for the nuts holding the spoiler on, and the extension pieces on the rear quarter panels are just screwed on. Post pics after paint. We like pics.

I know he is removing the trim,quarter glass,mirrors i will check on spoiler and door locks.thanks

The rear trim is easy to remove. Two bolts inside of trunk. No build lines for no charge!:)

Been here before. So if its in primer and you have it at a body shop then, its only 3 months away from being painted :p

Been here before. So if its in primer and you have it at a body shop then, its only 3 months away from being painted :p

The shop that painted my car did not let it drag on. He didn't have room for my car to take up space any longer than it needed to. So moral of the story-find a shop that only has room for 3-4 cars.

called today and he was taking off spoiler and mirrors.he said he is painting the car monday and it will be completed no later than wednsday:eek:.my previous gn i traded in on a viper gts and it was really too nice to mod the hell out of.this car on the other hand i am alredy gathering go fast parts.:biggrin:

While it's at the shop you might want to look at the body bushings and try to replace them if necessary. And the bumper fillers if the old ones are cracked or brittle and about to crack. It's just easier to get this stuff all done at once. Oh, don't forget to remove the door handles, too! If they are faded you can still buy new ones from GM or on the internet. I went ahead and replaced my carpet after the paint job- I figured what's another $200? :smile: You can paint the headlight bezels with SEM 39143 trim paint along with the rest of the trim (also the metal piece under the wipers). You can even remove the black trim from the tail lights and paint it too. Otherwise the shop will probably paint it all shiny black, which won't be correct. You don't want the trim police paying you a visit. If you're like me, you will wind up being a royal PITA, but the bodyman will respect you for it in the morning. Did you have to kick in some money towards that Viper? Where are you located?

While it's at the shop you might want to look at the body bushings and try to replace them if necessary. And the bumper fillers if the old ones are cracked or brittle and about to crack. It's just easier to get this stuff all done at once. Oh, don't forget to remove the door handles, too! If they are faded you can still buy new ones from GM or on the internet. I went ahead and replaced my carpet after the paint job- I figured what's another $200? :smile: You can paint the headlight bezels with SEM 39143 trim paint along with the rest of the trim (also the metal piece under the wipers). You can even remove the black trim from the tail lights and paint it too. Otherwise the shop will probably paint it all shiny black, which won't be correct. You don't want the trim police paying you a visit. If you're like me, you will wind up being a royal PITA, but the bodyman will respect you for it in the morning. Did you have to kick in some money towards that Viper? Where are you located?

i have new bumper fillers,replacing door handles and locks.i will do most of the rest of the work myself after the paint.carpet looks new and in general the interior is good.the seats are not torn but they show a little wear so i am replacing them.other than a speedo change and gauges,scanmaster the inside is good.the viper cost me the gn and a zr1 corvette.i stold the gn as i had 14k in it and the guy sold it for 20k i had no idea it was worth that much.he has the zr1 up for sale for 17k.i had about 31k in the two cars and he was asking 35k for the viper,so i thaught i was making a good deal,until he sold that gn for 20k:eek:i liked the gn but i never dreamed it would sell for more than the zr1.they had identical mileage at 32k:confused:

IMAG0093.jpg buffing the car,its black again and will be home thursday.i will get the finished pics then.it looks good were he buffed.:)