Back from 1st time at track.

GetOwnedVette

Hey I just got back from the track and was a little dissapointed with my times. but it was all in the launch which is what I would like to discuss. I am breaking in the motor so it is on a rich tune at only 15psi. The mods are in my signature. Here is my best pass of the night. All 8 passes were 13.0-13.3 with 0 knock :) , so it was very consistent but the only time my car openened up was after the 60ft and then she got crazy out of control. But the 60ft and launches were horrible. I just didnt give it enough gas, guess I was afraid to break lose, but either way I still gassed it quite a bit, but still barely any boost even with the ebrake, which might I add is alot of crap to deal with at the line, lol. I also had 2 reaction times at .125 and .079. So that was cool. :cool: 13's on this motor I can hear it looking at me and going :rolleyes: Give me more BOOST....

r/t- .408
60'- 2.254
330- 5.701
1/8- 8.538
mph- 86.46
1000- 10.992
1/4- 13.064 @109.11

you are making the hourse power looks like you need a good rear tires and raise the boast.jb

That mph looks pretty good for 15psi. Wait till you turn it up some. As mentioned above, get some tires and hold on.

with the mods in your sig you need to turn up the boost and hang the hell on. You think she gets out of control now.... wait till you give her some race gas and 20+ pounds :eek:

When im at the line im afraid to break the tires lose so I dont floor it to build boost. How do you guys launch? Any techniques or ideas.....

It should spool right up with the e-brake and the foot brake. The e-brake is not prefered though. Get some 7/8 wheel clinders and softer shoes and put a fresh cut on the drums for higher boost launches with the foot brake. A transbrake with 90/10 front shocks and no front sway bar works better than anything though. Relocating the control arms to correct the instant center helps throw the rear into the pavement. Air bags and poly bushings in the control arms will be needed also. You could actually go to a .85 exhaust if you launch at 10 psi and pick up a couple mph without hurting the 60'. You will have to launch harder to take advantage of the .85 ex. housing though. 5 psi isnt enough.

Good tires and a high boost launch for a 1.6 - 1.7 60' and your current mph is good for low to mid 12's.

Yeah found out the problems. For starters the fuel pressure was set at 50 :eek: . I had a bad knock sensor and loads of other stuff. bein really rich was messing up my launch really bad. Hopefully now that my car is more properly tuned I can put down some great times. I also turned the boost up to 17lbs and still have not 1 count of knock. :D

GetOwnedVette said:
Hey I just got back from the track and was a little dissapointed with my times. but it was all in the launch which is what I would like to discuss. I am breaking in the motor so it is on a rich tune at only 15psi. The mods are in my signature. Here is my best pass of the night. All 8 passes were 13.0-13.3 with 0 knock :) , so it was very consistent but the only time my car openened up was after the 60ft and then she got crazy out of control. But the 60ft and launches were horrible. I just didnt give it enough gas, guess I was afraid to break lose, but either way I still gassed it quite a bit, but still barely any boost even with the ebrake, which might I add is alot of crap to deal with at the line, lol. I also had 2 reaction times at .125 and .079. So that was cool. :cool: 13's on this motor I can hear it looking at me and going :rolleyes: Give me more BOOST....

r/t- .408
60'- 2.254
330- 5.701
1/8- 8.538
mph- 86.46
1000- 10.992
1/4- 13.064 @109.11

good job