B.F. Goodrich drag radials

Randy Hagins

Just wanted to get some info on the B.F. Goodrich drag radials. I was looking to get a used set of GN rims and mount the 235/60/15 tires on them and drive to the track. What kind of 60' times are these tires capable of getting and also what tire pressure to start at? I would drive to the track on about 30-35 psi, I would guess drop them to 20 or lower? I have run a best of 12.30 in my GN with a set of Cragar star rims and the M/T drag radials. I just would like to go to the track and not switch out tires, see what the car is like in almost stock/street form. I will be using a Red 100 chip and some race fuel.
Any info is appreciated, thanks for the help!!

Imho,

The BFG DRs are a bit better hooking then the Nitos. Just don't EVER get them in the rain or they feel like your on ice. The Nitos seam to be the better choice for a DD that might be doing rain duty. By far, the best hooking DRs are the MTs. They are much safer in the rain then the BFGs. They only last a few thousand miles, so not sure if your budget allows for this on a DD. Once you getting deep in the elevens, the MT DRs are the only way to go for a street/strip car.

Also, what ever 60' you'll get at the track on the BFG DRs, you'll get AT LEAST a tenth better on the MTs

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard