Awd With Skinnys?

GNBRETT

Pelennor Fields
IS IT COMMON FOR SOMEONE OPERATING AN AWD VEHICLE TO INTALL A NORROWER RIM ON THE FRONT FOR LESS ROTATING MASS LIKE MOST PEOPLE DO? OR DOES IT MAKE SENSE TO HAVE A LARGER FRONT RIM DIAMETER BECAUSE IT TOO IS GETTING TRACTION? WHICH WOULD BE MORE BENIFICAL TO DO FOR A BETTER ET/MPH?:confused:

You say narrow and diameter so I'm not sure if your asking about wheel width or height so I'll answer both.

You don't want skinny fronts on an AWD because like you said they are getting power so they need traction also and with skinny's on the front you would just bake them off. AWD cars will spin the front tires with weight transfer to the back similar to the way a front wheel drive car does.

And its also very important that the front and back wheels have the same overall height so they cover the same amount of ground with each rotation. If they don't it will toast your transfer case real quick.

Are you working on a Syclone or Typhoon by any chance?

Go with the same everyhting on all four corners... same wheels, same tires... Some of the sand/mud drasgters have different front/rear sizes, but they are geared accordingly.

I have alway ran the biggest, stickyest tire that could fit on the front. No use haveing the AWD if you are not going to use it.

Nolan

I'd go with the same size all around. And like said, definitely make sure the diameters match at least. AWD/4WD and different tire heights are a bad thing, unless you have different gearing in the front and rear to compensate, which unless you're running a competition mud bogger, is dumb :D

275/50/15 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials all the way around...

Oh, wait, did I say that out loud?