Auto Meter Oil Temp

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
ok i was wondering since i got it in the mail today where do i put the probe? i was thinking havent tryed it yet but maybe will it screw right into the oil drain plug? if not where did u guys put yours. i dont want to have to pull the pan and tap a hole just a waist of time

brent

Not much response because I think basically nobody runs one. Just curious but why do you think you need one? If the motor runs at the right temp and oil pressure is fine then the oil temp would have to be ok but what do I know I have never, ever seen one in a car.

HEY

well i like the look of alot of gauges. u can never have to many gauges in your car. or am i worng.

brent

Well if you can look at more than one you are doing better than me;) Soon as I stage and mash the pedal to the floor it is all I can do to keep an eye on the boost gauge and Scanmaster! The more power you get the less time you have to even blink!:D

I run one and like it. I have the mechanical one with the large sender.

I used a brass or bronze T fitting from the plumbing store.
1/2" NPT threads.

I put the gauge in one port and the oil cooler line into the other port with the male end into the existing adapter for the oil lines.

Plenty big enough to allow the sender to screw in with the Autometer supplied 1/2"NPT adapter.

Hope that makes sense. Plenty of room to work down there too. :)

temp

what should i be seeing in temp. what should the oil temp be at?

brent:confused: