audible knock alarms

Send me a copy.. maybe I can add something if I see an issue.

idoxlr8_70@yahoo.com

I bought my audible at BG two years ago for 35 bucks from one of the vendors..

I'd like a copy too of the aud knock detector instructions. Could someone host the instructions so that it could be shared with all? That might prevent this endless trail of requests.

Om a side note, I have discovered that I need to loosen my knock sensor since I probably overtightened it. 14 lb fts torque value right? Think I cranked mine on after the recent rebuild and I'm getting false knock more than I should at 17 lbs PSI w/alky.

done with mine and its not that loud so ill be looking for a used one

turbojoe said:
There were instructions on how to build your own audible knock detector in a past Turbo buick Newsletter dated 1983. It involves using commonly available parts from radio shack or equivalent. It states you can build it for under twenty bucks. i'll try to post it for ya if i can figure out how to (not computer savvy). :D

Sent you a PM. Sure would like a copy of the build instructions on the audible knock alarm. Thanks! :cool:

I'd like to see a copy too. If they are easier than the gnttype instructions, thats a good thing! :)

I had "issue's" way back when with them .. lots of false knock.. my cars didn't like it so I sold the detector's :rolleyes: and another point why are your cars knocking ??? tune so they don't knock and drive them :eek:

I could, but that would be too conservative. Besides, whats the point of having gauges if you're not going to PEG them! :tongue: