ATV\4-wheeler advice

Originally posted by choppers4life
ok, well you give him advise that leads to consumer dissatisfaction.. that quad will be for sale in a year.. i bring up sleds for one simple reason.. q/c... all manufactures have set policy that carries through out the product line.

"The big 3 win out..." Win at what - races? Read the dudes post, he wants something for slow riding in the mud and trails (4X4) and you offer up a 400 Kaw sport bike ( 2X4)?"

your not familiar with gncc racing are you? they have so many forms of utility machines, so yes they win races and sell quads based on those wins. ever hear of blackwater? ya, i pointed out a kfx400, i ride a banshee and an lt250r in mud and trails with zero problem.. chains wear out!!! i've been on my same rk "o" ring for 3 years now... lets face it, your smoking crack... you lack any type of real riding experiance to recommend anything, oh wait you have 16 years experiance... i bet 10 of that is towing a polaris huh...

oh ya, real riders shift gears!!!!

i will be at freelin mx park may 14 12-7, feel free to bring polaris out... i would love to double it...

Wait, wait - let me get this straight.. Your telling me you can ride your banshee in the mud and rough stuff as well as a rider on a Sportsman? I've wasted enough time on this, go to www.highlifter.com and get educated.

dude your crazy, rider makes the machine, not the other way around.. i was faster on a track with an xr200 than my brother was with a kx250... how, skill.... no matter what type of machine you have, if you cant ride it you'll get no where.. i ride the sickest, sandiest, muddiest trails in michigan on two strokes.. bikes and quads.

falcon351c, go to atv forums and do research. ask around the local riding spots.

dont take my advice or that tool gndude. seems to me that honda has the best selling quads year after year... that tells me something... new kawasakis are all over the news, wonder why...
my brother has an 87 warrior that has never been apart, valves dont even need to be adjusted...

Well Ihave ot chime in here....

The big 3 have the best ATV'S built. I ride a new KFX700 that is an automatic. I went from a heavly modified Quadzilla and have raced and road quads now for aorund 15 years. I would not wish a Pooplaris on anyone. Our local shop down here does not have enough room to work on street bikes because they have so many pooplaris broke down.

You will get these brand loyals that will swear buy the quads. Mine is not a mud rider, mine is for gncc style racing and I love the auto..Should you buy one? NO! Why? You want to play in the mud. My brother "Hyper" has a 300 fourtrax with 589's on it. GREAT QUAD! Dependable! It is not the fastest 4X4 out there but it is out riding every weekend.

For the money that you want to spend I would look at a 1 year old quad. To me the Ultimate 4X4 quad is the Praie 650. Fast FAST FAST. Great 4wd and the ride is good. I am a moderator over at WWW.ATVTIME.COM "Quadzilla" is my login in. Come on over and take look under the Utility quad section, the guys there will be glad to offer there opinions. If you want ot see my might KFX700 take a look at http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/e/kesteele/quads/

It is the Green One.

Enjoy and feel free to shoot me an email anytime.

Choppers4life ----- U da Man...Get us a Photo of Doubling that pooplaris....2 stroke riders on a GNCC course always amazed me...

boostedbug,
your the man, kicking that zilla over. i had an experience on one, stalled it going up a big sand wash... it was fun trying to kick that thing over.. all the while bulldoging it down hill

Originally posted by BoostedBug
Well Ihave ot chime in here....

The big 3 have the best ATV'S built. I ride a new KFX700 that is an automatic. I went from a heavly modified Quadzilla and have raced and road quads now for aorund 15 years. I would not wish a Pooplaris on anyone. Our local shop down here does not have enough room to work on street bikes because they have so many pooplaris broke down.

You will get these brand loyals that will swear buy the quads. Mine is not a mud rider, mine is for gncc style racing and I love the auto..Should you buy one? NO! Why? You want to play in the mud. My brother "Hyper" has a 300 fourtrax with 589's on it. GREAT QUAD! Dependable! It is not the fastest 4X4 out there but it is out riding every weekend.

For the money that you want to spend I would look at a 1 year old quad. To me the Ultimate 4X4 quad is the Praie 650. Fast FAST FAST. Great 4wd and the ride is good. I am a moderator over at WWW.ATVTIME.COM "Quadzilla" is my login in. Come on over and take look under the Utility quad section, the guys there will be glad to offer there opinions. If you want ot see my might KFX700 take a look at http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/e/kesteele/quads/

It is the Green One.

Enjoy and feel free to shoot me an email anytime.

Choppers4life ----- U da Man...Get us a Photo of Doubling that pooplaris....2 stroke riders on a GNCC course always amazed me...

Let's just get the record straight here, are you another "experienced" quad rider that would be stupid enough to recommend this to this guy a banshee? Your KFX700 and/or Chopperzero's POS banshee wouldn't stand a chance next to a Sportsman in the mud - even with a 15 year old sitting on the seat.

Brand loyal - maybe, but I'll tell you this, that dealership your talking about does not exist and we both know it.

Also, lets get another thing cleared up - 2 strokes are dead, soon they won't be sold here in the US - checkout the new offerings from Honda racing..

Bottom line, buy what fits your needs - in this case it isn't a Banshee or KFX anything.

(throwing gas on the fire)

Do Suzuki's suck? I thought they had locking differentials?

(I don't own an ATV at all, but I thought that those sounded like a good setup when I was looking at one point)

two strokes are far from dead considering gas gas just imported a mean machine. why not steer him to a banshee? just because your afraid to ride one doesn't mean he will be. i keep saying polaris sportsman to myself and chuckling, god thats grand...

And it sure the hell would not be a ragged a$$ Pooplaris. The dealership name is Extreme Powersports and there number is 706-324-0132 call them wise a$$. If I was you I would cover that POS you ride in mud also so no one would know I ride a pooplaris. Run your mouth all you want ..a fact is a fact. I see you have to talk up those pooplaris to make yourself feel better about actualy buying one. Anyday you want to try and keep up with I am ready..... Feeling froggy? We have a real nice GNCC course down here...Or we can do a mud challenge...I am not affraid to pull the ol Prarie 650 out ....Oh I forgot to mention..I have one of those also so if you want a challenge then lets get it on!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I know if you say you own a pooplaris say a million times it would be ok...Try it...LMAO MAybe by then it will back out of the repair shop...

If you want the fastest, buy a Banshee! I am undefeated in a straight line. The Banshee is the absolute closest to a TR as you can get(especially after a full drag race port job). Pin the throttle in 2nd gear, count to 2 and hold on for dear life!
I will be bringing it to BG again, I'll give any Craptor or any other production quad for that matter 5 bikes in the 1/8 mile (the grass field at the end of the track). At least if the car wont run I can have fun on the quad!!!!! Sure got some strange looks in Bristol after the 5 minute asphault burnout/doughnut spectacular!!!
Bill

Man..I didnt know this thread would get some much attention!

Anyway...thanks again for the suggestions and the entertainment lol But no need to fight about it....everyone has their likes and dislikes. Thats why it's hard to get true facts. Either way...my 4 original choices still stand. As for the polaris...im ruling it out for one reason..and one reason alone...it's belt drive. And I want to stick with the good ol' steel shaft drive. I know the belt would probably never wear out..but there is a chance...a very slight one..but that thought would always be in the back of my mind. As for the banshee and race style quads....Im not into that much speed...and also....it's like taking a 2 wheel drive truck 4 wheeling...it's not smart..and your bound to run into stuff that it cant handle. So im sticking with the 4x4's. And the more I think about it..the more I realize it will come down to riding them all and seeing what I like the best. But I will take you up on that offer boosted bug..and check out that site. As I get into this whole quad thing..i'll have more and more questions...and that sounds like a good place to get them answered. Thanks again for all your input guys..and feel free to keep adding more...just dont get too worked up, were all on the same team =)

Where about are you located Falcon? We have a nice for sale section over at atvtime.com with some great used quads for sale.

hey boosted bug,
Im from northern california. a used quad would be cool....but dont have the patience or good enough job to do it. so im going the finance route...but i'll still check it out...and throw any of my future quad questions your way.

Re: Re: honda

Originally posted by gndude
Tell it like it is - you get stuck and have to have a Polaris pull you out when you ride. Get a clue and tell the truth, anybody that rides on a regular basis will know what I'm talking about. 96 Honda huh - you would be hard pressed to follow a Sportsman in that POS.

DID This A$$ wipe called the "Best Selling Quad " of all times a POS?
Did he?

Oh No, You think I cant follow you through the mud?

Mr A$$ wipe on you polaris you have a big suprize ahead of you.

You couldn't give me that POS you have for my Honda. You are a true A$$ wipe and your ride is a "True peice of $hit"

How old are you ? 13?

you must be, you really need to stop playing with you pud and get out of the house sometime so you can really find out what you are talking about. I have a polaris and it and all of them do not compare to the big 4, Yes I include suzuki because they have made big improvements in there quad line. Go ahead and flame me, I can take it because I know that you really dont have a clue and what ever you say dont mean JACK.

Have a Good Day Sir ;)

Re: Re: Re: honda

Originally posted by Hyper
Did he?

You couldn't give me that POS you have for my Honda. You are a true A$$ wipe and your ride is a "True peice of $hit"

How old are you ? 13?

you must be, you really need to stop playing with you pud and get out of the house sometime so you can really find out what you are talking about. I have a polaris and it and all of them do not compare to the big 4, Yes I include suzuki because they have made big improvements in there quad line. Go ahead and flame me, I can take it because I know that you really dont have a clue and what ever you say dont mean JACK.

Have a Good Day Sir ;)

This hurts coming from somebody that drives a Mexican truck and a Jap quad.

Re: Re: Re: honda

Originally posted by Hyper
Did he?

How old are you ? 13?

Have a Good Day Sir ;)

Are you suggesting a STOCK TRX (3 wheel, solid axle ) machine can do ALL things as well as a IRS, true 4X4? If that's the case, why not change your POSI carrier with a open diff in the GN?

By the way - for an adult you sure can't spell very well, you should go back to school - I'm still looking for my suprize, what that is..

Re: Re: Re: Re: honda

I'm still looking for my suprize, what that is..

Now he is an English major on a pooplaris. I think that last part of that sentence should have been "what ever that is" . Looks like you need a lesson as well.

Offer still stands....I will go anywhere you can on that pooplaris and do it faster. I guess you call the Suzuki Eiger a Jap bike also, even though it is made here in GA.

You are like those little ricer guys, If you talk your POS up enough you think people will actualy start to belive it.

DId you call the dealer? I posted the phone number for ya. The comment on the truck and quad thing was original. I have to say at least Hyper posted what he drives...what about you?:eek:

Re: Re: Re: Re: honda

Are you suggesting a STOCK TRX (3 wheel, solid axle ) machine can do ALL things as well as a IRS, true 4X4? If that's the case, why not change your POSI carrier with a open diff in the GN?

By the way - for an adult you sure can't spell very well, you should go back to school - I'm still looking for my suprize, what that is..

It's all in fun , I am just jerking your chain(or belt).

Dont get mad we are just playing around, I know how to spell just type way to fast to check myself. And yes I am 37 and have owned my GN since 1988.

thanks for the fun, chill and ride on.

That is friggin ugly..We have a 300 ex with 20's on it and a raptor with 22's down here...Wasted quads..

hehehe, i just wanted to bring this to life again and remind everyone how bad polaris quads SUCK!!!!

honda is in the process of buying skidoo ( bombardier recreation ) how that feel

i would buy a honda sled in a heartbeat, look at the turbo aquatrax