Attempted Theft of 87 GN

GNBlack

Well yesterday morning i came down to see my 87 GN broken into. Both the locks were destoyed for starters.....steering column ruined....wiring under dash ruined.....all my gauges ripped out but not taken, the stereo face plate taken as a last resort i would assume and the computer ripped off the side of the car. Not nice to see! Also the paint on half the car was scratched to crap which i fail to understand.....i fail to understand any of it but it happened. The good thing about this whole event......I had a Thrasher Chip with the ANTI-THEFT feature.....without this feature i have no doubt that my car would have been taken! So Thanks Thrasher!

Sorry To Hear This

No one can "understand" why bad things happen to good people.

It just comes under the heading of stupid, senseless evil.

When you've got a list of parts you need, please post them here so we can help get your car back in good shape.

HTH :)

Had my 86 T-type stolen twice and my GN ATTEMPTED theft twice thanks to anti-theft Extender chip. Friend of mine just had the same thing happen to him last Friday night...busted column and stolen Alpine stereo, had anti-theft chip to save car. My 86 had a professional installaton Viper alarm system with starter kill, lotta good that did...lol.

Bottom line is - don't leave your car - anywhere. If you do, you're taking a risk. Yeah, I know it sucks, but that's the way it is...

Originally posted by GNBlack
I had a Thrasher Chip with the ANTI-THEFT feature.....without this feature i have no doubt that my car would have been taken! So Thanks Thrasher!

Wow! I was just about to order one without the anit-theft. I drive mine almost daily during the summer, and the anti-theft got to be somewhat of a PITA. My race chip definatley won't have the anti-theft, but maybe I will hang on to my street one.
:D

thxs for the offer of help two lanes. Ill keep it in mind for sure. Sure sucks to see your car that you've worked on for a few years total ruined inside. All this over night while parked in my underground parking at home. Anyway bottom line i still have the car and not totally gone!

I hate to hear about that. It has happened to me twice. I had my T for about 1 month, just got new centerlines. Came out in the morning to my carport to find the car resting on the ground with no wheels, no emblems, no power antenna and keyed to ****. THing that got me was on the trunklid was a face scratched into the paint with a smile and under that it said WAIT???? Still 2 years later I am waiting to beat the crap outta him. 17 cars in my neighborhood hit in 2 weeks. Sorry to hear man, Mike

thxs guys. I took some pics so if i can scan them and figure out how to post them i will.