***ATT. Mooresville Event RE-Scheduled OCT 11th***

getchasum

MISSING 2 CYLINDERS???
Update…..Guys looks like Mooresville Dragway has rescheduled a rain makeup for the PTRA Race on Oct 10th. I have spoken with Jody from the track, to expressed our concerns that it would be very crowded like it was at the spring PTRA Race and it would not be most enjoyable to have the Turbo 6 Group & the Carolinas Buick Chapter Gathering on the same date as the PTRA Race. He understood and was willing to work with us....giving us the track for the same deal on the follow day Sunday Oct 11th. Having spoke with a few members it seems this will be better suited for us as we will not be crowded due to the rescheduled PTRA race and be able to make as many passes, etc as we like.

With that be said....The Turbo 6 Group & The Carolinas Buick Chapter Gathering has been Rescheduled for Sunday Oct 11th

Gates will open at 11:30 am to 7:00pm

Same Plans in the works........

The plans in the works are to host some heads up racing for Buick powered cars provided there is enough interest.

Here are some of the thoughts...Open to anything as we will basically have the track to ourselves.

I know we will never be able to please everyone but figure these rules are broad enough to cover anyone that wanted to race. If you want to Test & Tune your ride that's cool as well.

1.“King of the Street”
Only Rules are:
•Car must currently be Street Legal (Which means you have to show proof of an in date Registration, In date license plate & active insurance to operate on a Public Highway)
•Car must be Buick Powered - V6 or V8
•Car can run any street legal tire of choice, Drag Radials are fine, Except NO Slicks or Cheater Slicks.

This will be Heads Up Style Racing, you may run against a V6, and then again you may be pair up with one of the GS V8 Guys. It should be interesting!!!

2.Out Law Racing or an Index Style Racing
Run what you Brung no Rules

If there is enough interest from the SY/TY Group we could maybe pull off something for you guys/gals as well. Regardless this is a Test & Tune day and we want you to attend also, as we enjoy seeing your trucks run as much as you do.

Bottom line is, we are having a Gathering not a Track Rental, so we are limited to what we can and can not do and I really want to Thank Jody from the Track for offering us the opportunity to have the Gathering. It will be a Great Day to catch up with Old Friends, Make New Ones and Have Great Buick Fellowship to share our interest. I’m sure there will be good support from the GS Club as Showers & Shiners so even if you have no plans to race, bring your car just to Show and enjoy it.

Bonus; Several of us have touched base with some of the Vendors asking for sponsorship in the form of Donations for prizes to be giving away that day for anyone attending the Club Gathering. Stay Tuned More to Come.

Scott I think I am OUT. I just found I have an issue in my rear end & my front cover just sprung a oil leak. :mad:

spraying oil under slicks @ 120 mph is not fun. also it is a handfull driving without a shaking rearend.

Scott I think I am OUT. I just found I have an issue in my rear end & my front cover just sprung a oil leak. :mad:

*Note... This is intended as a joke, and only a joke!!...*

Steve, Are you sure you don't reside in the Greenville, NC area now... Sounds like the hype to make an event, and then back out with an excuse at the last minute bug has bit you... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

K.

*Note... This is not intended as a joke!!

Steve, Are you sure you don't reside in the Greenville, NC area now... Sounds like the hype to make an event, and then back out with an excuse at the last minute bug has bit you... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

K.
no I actually have some issues to take care of. don't worry I will be back out before you sell that damn truck your trying to give away. ;)

no I actually have some issues to take care of. don't worry I will be back out before you sell that damn truck your trying to give away. ;)

Just as long as you have the car ready for the Reynolds event... I'm bringing the alcohol, you bring Kate, and all that's left is to find another GNX for her to throw her drink all over... :biggrin: :eek: :biggrin: :eek: :biggrin:

K.

Just as long as you have the car ready for the Reynolds event... I'm bringing the alcohol, you bring Kate, and all that's left is to find another GNX for her to throw her drink all over... :biggrin: :eek: :biggrin: :eek: :biggrin:

K.
now THAT is/was funny!!

The plans in the works are to host some heads up racing for Buick powered cars provided there is enough interest.

Here are some of the thoughts...Open to anything as we will basically have the track to ourselves.

I know we will never be able to please everyone but figure these rules are broad enough to cover anyone that wanted to race. If you want to Test & Tune your ride that's cool as well.

1.“King of the Street”
Only Rules are:
•Car must currently be Street Legal (Which means you have to show proof of an in date Registration, In date license plate & active insurance to operate on a Public Highway)
•Car must be Buick Powered - V6 or V8
•Car can run any street legal tire of choice, Drag Radials are fine, Except NO Slicks or Cheater Slicks.

This will be Heads Up Style Racing, you may run against a V6, and then again you may be pair up with one of the GS V8 Guys. It should be interesting!!!

2.Out Law Racing or an Index Style Racing
Run what you Brung no Rules

If there is enough interest from the SY/TY Group we could maybe pull off something for you guys/gals as well. Regardless this is a Test & Tune day and we want you to attend also, as we enjoy seeing your trucks run as much as you do.

Bottom line is, we are having a Gathering not a Track Rental, so we are limited to what we can and can not do and I really want to Thank Jody from the Track for offering us the opportunity to have the Gathering. It will be a Great Day to catch up with Old Friends, Make New Ones and Have Great Buick Fellowship to share our interest. I’m sure there will be good support from the GS Club as Showers & Shiners so even if you have no plans to race, bring your car just to Show and enjoy it.

Bonus; Several of us have touched base with some of the Vendors asking for sponsorship in the form of Donations for prizes to be giving away that day for anyone attending the Club Gathering. Stay Tuned More to Come.

Scott,

How much $$$ will it be to test-n-tune? Can I make a pass or two with my Cummins?

K.

Steve, What happened to the front cover?
after the Nats it sprung a leak above the oil filter housing. I welded it with it still on the car & it held until last friday. I am going to have to remove the cover & clean it real good & try to weld it 1 more time. it's just a pin hole, what it is, is I polished the front cover & with all the sanding it made it REAL thin. the alum. is so porous the oil weeps out when the engine gets warm.

i'm going to bring some turbo buick parts and my 85 t-type regal body to sale if anyones interested....

Scott,

How much $$$ will it be to test-n-tune? Can I make a pass or two with my Cummins?

K.

Originally Jody had told me $15 for the Buick crowd on Sat. I have to call him again so I'll make sure it hasn't changed, since we moved the date. I also want to find out about rain & what happens if the PTRA Race should get rained out Sat.

Just got off the phone with the track & good news.....if the PTRA Race gets rained out Sat it will NOT effect us on Sunday.

Price of entry - Buick crowd gets in for $15 with car, to make passes, etc...saving $5 off normal rate. (Make sure you tell them at the gate you are with the Buick crowd)
Just to be a Spectator is $8

As far as what the crowd wants to do around a Buick only race is still up in the air, due to several different request. We could do the racing above for fun, have a small entry with 100% pay back or due a bracket gamblers style race. Which ever way we get the most feedback is what will do.

So post up what's on your mind......

Cant Wait!! We may try to push the SLOGN to high 6's on stock ecm. Pat had a really good
night at piedmont so we will see. Car is running great

Looks like we will be fine with the weather.....

Detailed Local

Today: Overcast with rain showers at times. High 76F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Tonight: Showers this evening becoming less numerous overnight. Low 59F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Tomorrow: Cloudy skies early, then partly cloudy in the afternoon. High 73F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.

Tomorrow night: A few clouds. Low around 55F. Winds light and variable