ATR headers, will my downpipe fit?

6-Banger

I have an opportunity to buy a set of ATR headers, will they fit with my 3" Kirbans style downpipe(the one that uses the stock exhaust elbow that has to be ported)?

I have an opportunity to buy a set of ATR headers, will they fit with my 3" Kirbans style downpipe(the one that uses the stock exhaust elbow that has to be ported)?

i really doubt it.... the ATR headers take a lot of room on the passenger side and i think you need the added "SWOOP' of the aftermarket headers to get around it.

in the catalog they make no mention of "THEY WILL NOT FIT" and the photo shows them on an engine with the "stock type" elbow in place so i have to ASSume they will fit stock diameter downpipes off the stock type elbow i still dont have any experience with the Kiirbans 3" DP - i would just call Dennis to be absolutely positively certain... HTH

tight fit...

I had a set of ATR Headers for 3 bolt turbos for a while...this was with a 3" Terry Houston DP and the fit was TIGHT! So tight that it touched the DP and eventually just rubbed its OWN clearances!;) For purposes of trying to make the car a little quieter i switched back to the stockers after ceramic coating them and the clearances opened up enough i can fit my hand between the manifold and the DP. I'll eventually get my ATRs ceramic coated and put them back on...but i like not having metal to metal contact..:tongue:

I would suggest staying with the stock headers, and spend your money on a real 3" down pipe that clears ATR headers. The Kirban down pipe is a "slight" improvement over stock, but the stock elbow is the real restriction. Buy the headers if they are reasonable in price, and use them when you approach the 650+ hp mark. THEN they will be a gain, but NOT until then. I have built cars that run 11's with a stock down pipes, but a well built 3" pipe would have gained the cars a few tenths/mph. Good luck.:smile:

Im going to say no.