ATR External Wastegate...what to do?

tial all the way

i would get the tial 44mm and have the v band flanges adapted to you DP. the tial is way better in machine work quality. the valve has a removable seat that it seals against. got mine from rx7store for $350 shipped. hope this helps. jeremy

I was looking at the tial 38mm. Do they have a removable seat? That would help me a lot, since part of my problem is rusting on the flange where the ATR gate seats. I was hoping I wouldn't have to have a new flange welded on.

I was looking at their website www.tialsport.com, and it looks like they do have the removable seats. That would kill two problems at once for me. I don't think the 44mm would be justified in my application, just be a lot more cost.

I see the 38mm goes for about $195 on ebay. The only thing that confuses me is why they only come with 2 Mounting Bolts??

Morkai said:
I see the 38mm goes for about $195 on ebay. The only thing that confuses me is why they only come with 2 Mounting Bolts??

Yea I was scratching my head on that one too. I ended up going to ACE and getting a 2 more stainless bolts. FWIW, it is only threaded on the two sides too. :confused: But hey, it fits and works like a champ. :cool:

Oh, ok, so they supply the two that threads in. I can use two of the ATR ss bolts & nuts on the other side then...no prob there. Are the gaskets that come with it good? Mine only had one on the valve side, but it's a metal gasket.

Morkai said:
Oh, ok, so they supply the two that threads in. I can use two of the ATR ss bolts & nuts on the other side then...no prob there. Are the gaskets that come with it good? Mine only had one on the valve side, but it's a metal gasket.

They give you 2 gaskets. They seemed fine to me, not metal. Almost like the turbo oil drain gasket.

I would give Precision Turbo a call and get a price from them. Even if it's $10 more, it helps keep our vendors alive. :)