ATR bar without air bags?

WFO

Habitual Line-Stepper
Anybody ever run the ATR style rear sway bar without airbags?

I might have to go the cheaper route for a while til I can afford the HR Parts bar...I'll also have:

-Drag shocks(90/10-50/50)
-Eibach ~1" lowering springs
-Billet lowers
-No front sway bar

I like the way the car sits with the Eibach springs so I'm gonna leave em in. It's not THAT low anyway,just a little lower than stock.This is the same reason I don't want to run air bags,not looking for the jacked up '73 Nova look:D. Just trying to get some decent 60' times.

Thanks,Sean

yup.. been running NO air bags since the early 90's .. Jacked up cars belong in the 70s :p

bags

i had eicbachs put on when i got the car .It rode way better than stock springs.I also did atr type bar no bags ran ok not great but handled much better no mussy feel.
Then added bags and it was even better and you can just take out the air and ride is back to normal.
Then took atr off and went to HR bar,wow.Better everything .It ran 1.6 off the foot brake 1st time out.That was no boost off the brake .It also ran 11.4 in the quarter.That was at 19 lbs of boost.I`ve since done hr lower control arms and will do uppers next year.
Probably the best feature of the HR bar is a MUCH more stable MPH on the big end ,i don`t like the floaty feel and its much improved feels safer to me .

I've had airbags in conjunction with an H&R sway bar but took the bags out after a while. The bags were there to make sure the car launched straight but the H&R bar takes care of that and I felt the bags were not needed anymore. I also have some H&R adjustable upper control arms and fixed lenght lowers. The bar will make you leave straight, but no more fun factor (like leaving the line one side higher that the other giving the spectators a good show)...:frown:
As for the airbags, maybe I should've kept them as my car now sits too low in the rear, but I might get some rubber spacers to put between the top of the rear coil springs and frame to solve that.

Claude. :frown:

yup.. been running NO air bags since the early 90's .. Jacked up cars belong in the 70s :p

Yeah I didn't want to hafta put a hooker headers sticker on my window:eek::D.

What kinda short times have you turned with the ATR and no bags?

Melissa ran mid to high 1.4s with a good track ... not so good low/mid 1.5s .. MT Drag Radials and launching off the foot brake :cool:

The ATR bar works well but really needs stiffer control arms and bushings to work effectively. The HR is a totally different design and concept and does a lot better job than the ATR bar for stiffness. Neither will correct the instant center issues with the stock suspension geometry. The body will likely squat if you throw a lot of torque at the axle and have traction.