ATR 3" Single shot exhaust ?

jmendlik

I'm running the HR Parts rear sway bar and my car is lowered .....will this exhaust fit wo issues given the sway bar being used and car lowered?

anyone running similar parts withthe ATR 3" exhaust?

how bad is the drone withthis exhaust? I have the pipes 2-1-/2 syatems currenlty and looking to upgrade to the ATR......

anyone have pics of the ATR installed on theiir car?

JM

I have been in a car with that system. The drone is bad! At WOT the car is a little louder that my Pypes system with the race mufflers. Not a switch I would make but if you keep the Pypes system I can see you putting it back on if you drive the car a lot. If you don't they you may be able to deal with it.

I don't have a good picture, but I have one on my car... it does drone pretty loudly. Mine has an edelbrock muffler on it, but I'm betting it doesn't make much difference.

it is pretty light though, and does look pretty nice when installed.

exhaust clearance

looking for a picture of this system installed on a car that has the H&R bar on it....anyone have a pic? does it interfere with the end links or the axle housing/springs?

JM

You guys are crazy......I've had my 3" single shot for 8 years and there is not as much drone as you make it out to be. Maybe the TR crowd is aging and you old people are comparing it to your Lexus or Park Avenue. If you don't want to hear your Buick, keep it stock.

I wouldn't trade this system for anything out there today....the Hooker system is junk IMO and the Pypes setup is pretty heavy. Keep it simple and light, if you think it's too loud, then install a bullet muffler ahead of the ATR muffler.

I don't have your setup but I have the exhaust. Sure it's loud, but it's all about what you like & I like mine. Initial fitment is not great but I took mine to a shop after install & made sure it was all sealed up. The only people that complain about the drone are the ones riding in the back seat.

I don't mind the drone at all. It's not that bad once you get used to it. No inteferance problems on my car with the HR bar.

I got this system on mine (previous owner installed it) and it does drone pretty bad IMHO...might not bother others but gets old sometimes. The fitment on this car isn't great...the pipe touches my airbag and passenger side spring. I'm prolly gonna replace the muffler and try and get a shop to adjust it off of the airbag. Performance wise it's about the best u can get...but ull never sneak up on anyone. Lol

Wow what a controversial exhaust system.... I want one also but even the guys who are wiiling to sell them will worn you about the drone.... Scary....

I argee it's really not as bad as people think. My old Single shot had a Cherry Bomb Vortex 3" Center/Offset. I replaced my Muffler with a SS Ultra Flo Dynomax 3" center/center. My car was lowered and the pipes fit in fine. An ATR should not have any problems due to the skinnier muffler. Car has a nice sound.

Don't get me wrong, I love the sound. My supercharged cars are significantly louder with a 3" exhaust, even with more mufflers

Ear Plugs

Buy some ear plugs as the drone will drive you out of the car.... Its like driving with a dump pipe....

Cottons SS 3in with SS Magnaflow mufflers was the best $500 I ever spent . He had the system on the back of his truck at the TB.com NAT in 2010 and he cut me a sweet deal as you can see !! I drive my car everyday to work and it's sounds nice . I don't here any drone inside the car . I can tell I have 3in but only when I wot !!! I have the HR rear roll control bar also and the exh doesn't hit anything fits like a factory part. But it's not lowered

Buy some ear plugs as the drone will drive you out of the car.... Its like driving with a dump pipe....

Your the third TB.COM memeber that has stated earplugs are needed... sounds like in the ATR SS Pitbull combo is a track exhaust... I only drive my car on the weekends but Im concerned that my kids may not like it from the back seat

Single 3" exhaust is great if you have excessive ear wax buildup. Will vibrate it right out. Also handy if you don't want the wife/girlfriend to ride with you. Will also drown out any whiny kid noises coming from the backseat. Had one from Cottons years ago that he warned me not to put on because of the drone. Didn't listen and ended up yanking it off after a couple hundred miles.

Better yet, find someone local who has it and ask them to take you for a ride, rather than take a bunch of people's vastly different opinions as gospel. Decide for yourself!