ATCO Results ???

salvageV6

Daily Driver
Anyone got any news? Big day there today. Nice weather too. :)

I had to stay home and try to get stock injectors out of the GN and of course break my EGR solenoid. :rolleyes:

EVENT

I WAS THERE NOT RUNNING MY CAR, JUST HELPING OUT WITH MY FRIENDS CAR FOR THE DAY, ANYWAY YOU DID NOT MISS MUCH, THERE WAS SO MUCH CRAP GOING ON THERE TODAY IT WAS UNBELIEVEABLE.

BIKES, JR DRAGSTERS, BUICK VS FORD, TEST & TUNE, & GAMBLERS.

NICE DAY, LOT OF CARS.
BUT THE STORY OF THE DAY WAS NOT ENOUGH RUNS FOR
ANYBODY.

Figures, glad I didn't drive 7 hours today for that.... :(

Can't believe they schedule so much crap in one day.

Track rentals are the only way to go. :)

well the malibu that blew up big did not help

stopped the track cold for like 1 1/2 hrs, then they had the other lane oiled on the next run, scary! all i have to say is those hayabusa's freekin' fly...holy sh-t! 9.40 @ 161mph ...i asked the guy and he said it was nearly stock! and there were swarms of them(most all ran under 9.75 @ like 130 or more!), and if you never hear a nitro harley, you don't know what you missed!

Nitro Harleys!!!!!

Witch team was there? My father wrenches for Out of Time Racing, Those are some SICK machines!!! :eek:

I heard one at Englishtown last October when they also overscheduled the Buick vs. Ford Day. :(

Loud and nasty. :)

We should rent that place some day and make it Buick only. ;)

8 hours and non-stop running, Buicks don't break. :cool: ;)

nitro harleys

only 2 there, they were doing test/tune i surmise. i only saw 1 full run (they went singles)

To many freaking events/cars today.
Not only were there about 40 junior dragsters, there were probably 60-70 bikes in addition to the Ford/Buick participants and the Gamblers/Test & Tune racers.
Ridiculous.
I had no intention of staying for eliminations since my wife and 3 year old were sick all weekend, but I figured I'd get over and make 3-4 time shots. Yeah...right. It took over an hour to make my first pass and almost two before the second. I left after the second, spending $35 to make two passes. :mad:
Anyway, I improved a bit to 12.97@104.2 on a weak 3psi launch and worse 60ft. than at E-town. Had I gotten another pass, I feel pretty confident I'd have gotten a 12.7-8 out of her.
S.

I made it out there, but I had problems with the car, and didn't get to try the propane out. (everytime it gets up to operating temps, it cuts out. Swapped the ign, and coil pack, same thing)

I saw Ed there, and Herb 'cowman' Fishman, but Herb wasn't racing.

I missed Ed's second run, but the bartender at the Finish Line agreed to meet up this weekend at one of the local clubs...:)

Saw Danny Smith there, (local engine builder) and he suggested I take a look at the fuseable links. The dash lights don't work, and I think there may be a wire grounding out on something hot. What do you think, Allen?

Yeah there were way too many things scheduled for that day. :(

I haven't raced at an event since they had a "BUICK" day at Lebanon Valley a few years ago. After watching a Mustang get 3 runs to my one, I called it quits and went home. Track rentals are the only way to fly IMO. No rushing around, just bring it to the line and go and make as many runs as you want. To invest a whole day to only get 2-3 runs is a waste of time.

was a great day for watching:) Great weather but bad if ya had a car. Alot of standing round..

Yes is was over crowded with other events. Also the oil slick stopped racing for 1 ½ hours. But the weather was perfect and the long wait gave time to meet old acquaintances from all over the area. I was breaking in new Hoosier Quicktime dot's
and didn't have enough time to find the sweat spot for launch or boost with only 3 runs in 6 hours. I also had a few little bugs I was trying to work out. But I did manage to get out 11.78, 11.74 and a 11.62 with shutting off and coasting through the traps.

Well everything started off OK....

1st time run 13.783 @ 103.69
2nd time run 13.056 @ 103.66
Dial 13.00 for Elim's
Rd1 RT .605 13.215 @ 103.72 (Big block Mustang w/wheelie bars dialed 13.50 WTF??)
Rd2 RT .509 13.118 @ 103.60
Rd3 RT I got the bye run RT .485 13.058 @ 103.56
Crossing the traps I hear a noise, Hmmmm? I get to the time slip booth and smoke starts coming from under the car. OH SH** I got back to the pits and look under the car. The strap came off the CV boot at 100MPH. I run around like a mad man and find some zip ties. I zip tie it back on and get back in the lanes for semi finals.

I pull up to the burnout box, and did not like the burnout, so I reverse to do another one.....I see fluid on the track. :p I put it in reverse and head back to the pits. Upon further inspection I find a 1"x 2" hole in the diff case.!!!!!

So here I am 8:00PM in Atco NJ on a Sunday night. What to do... Well, I know I had to be up there next weekend to pack up my dad's apartment, so I called my dad's girl friend and ask if I could park the car there for the week and take his home.

I proceed with the 18 mile limp to safety. 18 miles and 15 quarts later I make it to a driveway. Jump in my dads lovely 1995 Ford Taurus, and head on down the road to Richmond. 2:00AM arive at home and pass out... :p

Two highlights:
The Jersey crowd lets you know what they like and dislike. When I came down the return road after taking out the big block sand bagging Mustang, I caused a human wave! Me? The whole grandstand went wild. People shaking the fence and yelling and screaming and clapping. That was really cool.

I also had some guy bug me for about 15 mins. in the staging lanes.
Him, "Name your price, I want your car."
Me, "Not for sale"
Him, "Everything is for sale."
Me, "Sorry"
Him, "Here's my number you think about it. If we work out a number, you bring it back to the track and put the same numbers on the boards, and I'll give you the cash at the time slip booth."
Me, "Really? Sorry not for sale"
Him, "Well, If you won't sell this car maybe you can build an engine for me?"
Me, We'll see"
Him, "Think about it and, call me this week"

So it was a long weekend...

1999 Regal GS
Mike

I go to these events for the support. Also knowing guys will be only bringing their mostly stock Buicks or Mustangs. I know that there will be limited time trials. By having other scheduled events didn't help! :mad: The Buick events is dying because of non support. There is only one other Buick / Mustang event at Atco this season. Three of us traveled 130 miles one-way from Long Island to attend. Of course track rental is better. But it is not a event. Hope to all at future events.

Originally posted by mcad_c
Well everything started off OK....

I also had some guy bug me for about 15 mins. in the staging lanes.
Him, "Name your price, I want your car."
Me, "Not for sale"
Him, "Everything is for sale."
Me, "Sorry"
1999 Regal GS
Mike

Mike,
Sorry about the break. Hope you will get the car back together soon. Want to sell it:D

It was fun, and good to meet and hang out with a lot of our club members. But the track was overall WAY too crowded. They didnt expect the Buick & Ford event to be as large as it was, and so they screwed up by inviting the bike event (over 70 motorcycles), as well as the jr. dragsters and allowing misc street cars in. The waiting period between rounds was just sad.

But, I had fun hanging out all day, from 9 to 5:45. Then chilling at Steve Kaminski's house for a while afterwards. Fun day. Cant wait to do it again. :cool:

Track condition was not good, alot of cars sliding all over the place. It was a nice day though, good to see Herb and finally meet Matt from the club. The fastest car i think that was there all day was Banning and he had some problems later on in the day. ET always better more GN'S and better track, hope to see you guys there this year. I do not think my S2 will be done this year as i projected unless i hit the lottery:eek: :eek: