AT&T Rated Worst Service

GNBRETT

Pelennor Fields
I was seriously considering switching over the AT&T simply because they offer the best phones imo. A friend of mine told me last week not to do it cause people are always complaining about the AT&T service and how calls are always being dropped.

Well that sux. I have Sprint and their phones pretty much suk imo. The HTC is nice but way too big. The Iphone and new Blackberry Torch are not available from Sprint. I hear the Iphone will be available from Verizon the first of the year possibly.

AT&T Named Worst Carrier by Consumer Reports

I was seriously considering switching over the AT&T simply because they offer the best phones imo. A friend of mine told me last week not to do it cause people are always complaining about the AT&T service and how calls are always being dropped.

Well that sux. I have Sprint and their phones pretty much suk imo. The HTC is nice but way too big. The Iphone and new Blackberry Torch are not available from Sprint. I hear the Iphone will be available from Verizon the first of the year possibly.

AT&T Named Worst Carrier by Consumer Reports

That I-phone on Verizon rumor has been floating around litterally for years now. I seriously doubt that will ever happen. I-pad, could be. I-phone, don't think so. Verizon has no motivation to put up with Apple's BS anymore now that they have such success with the Droid system.

Lot's of I-phone junkies swear by AT&T service, but I doubt they get out much. Once you're out of site of the city it goes to crap fast.

I've had AT&T for about 10 years and I don't get calls dropped EVER. My parent's have Verizon and it sucks. My friend has been working for Nextel/Sprint/Ericsson for about 7 years and he's always dropping calls and has poor reception. This is in the greater ATL area. AT&T has always had a bad rap for customer service, that's a given. I would like to get an I phone but I don't want to pay the extra $30 a month for the internet service. I guess it depends on the area that you live in.

I've had AT&T for about 10 years and I don't get calls dropped EVER. My parent's have Verizon and it sucks. My friend has been working for Nextel/Sprint/Ericsson for about 7 years and he's always dropping calls and has poor reception. This is in the greater ATL area. AT&T has always had a bad rap for customer service, that's a given. I would like to get an I phone but I don't want to pay the extra $30 a month for the internet service. I guess it depends on the area that you live in.

I have had Cingular/AT&T for around six years and have not had a single dropped call either. I have the new iPhone 4 and I don't even get dropped calls with it like everyone body claims to. Before Cingular I was with Sprint and didn't like them at all.

As for AT&T customer service I don't have any complaints with them either. They've been helpful any time I go into a store and I have called them on several occasions and they quickly resolve my problem as well. Maybe they didn't resolve it as well as what Verizon would have but I still don't have any complaints.

I've had Cingular/AT&T for 17 years and have never had any dropped calls or issues.

cell service

Cellular service is frequency based. Affected by weather, terrain, etc. I've had all of them and quite frankly they suck. Ver-LIE-zon was the worst. Call drops, bs rules, 100 year contracts, haunt you for 1 day late on a bill, gimmick phones and pressure to buy a new phone every month. gAyT&T is just as bad. They limit you on use and pound your account for to much $. Locally I went with met-ghetto-pos and for 40 bucks a month for everything it isn't a Ferrari of the cell phone world but it actually has better service in the area I am than the previously mentioned tyrants. :eek:

I live in within one hour of one of the most populated areas in the country (NY City) and everyone I have spoken to around here states that AT&T sucks and is the worst service there is. I've never had them personally so I only know what people have told me over the last year.

I wish that wasnt true cause id love to own an Iphone but I have been told that for quite some time now and considering I dont have a home phone I just dont want to chance not having good service at my house.

Comsumer reports simply reports what consumers have to say about each provider so I would have to believe that what they have reported is true. Im sure there are many customers that have had no issues whatsoever otherwise they would be out of business but as a whole it appears that AT&T is simply the worst service available.

I considered switching to get an Iphone, but ATT's reception here (north of Atl) is terrible. Verizon has the best coverage where I am. I'm enjoying my Droid 2, Verizon has Ipad now here, maybe Iphone will follow, but doubt I'll change, the droid is sweet

Sent from my DROID2

I live in within one hour of one of the most populated areas in the country (NY City) and everyone I have spoken to around here states that AT&T sucks and is the worst service there is. I've never had them personally so I only know what people have told me over the last year.

I wish that wasnt true cause id love to own an Iphone but I have been told that for quite some time now and considering I dont have a home phone I just dont want to chance not having good service at my house.

Comsumer reports simply reports what consumers have to say about each provider so I would have to believe that what they have reported is true. Im sure there are many customers that have had no issues whatsoever otherwise they would be out of business but as a whole it appears that AT&T is simply the worst service available.

If it was me I would go with which ever carrier has the best service in the area and get a Droid. I like my iPhone but I've used a few Droids and they are just as cool I almost switched but I only use iTunes so I didn't want to have to convert all my music.

If it was me I would go with which ever carrier has the best service in the area and get a Droid. I like my iPhone but I've used a few Droids and they are just as cool I almost switched but I only use iTunes so I didn't want to have to convert all my music.

I drag my itunes songs right to my EVO folder when plugged in. I use the belt clip holster deal and it much better than having it in your pocket. Im happy with it.

Evo here as well.
Brett if you don't like the size of the EVO wait until early January for the HTC "knight", looks to be iPhone size.

Bryan

I drag my itunes songs right to my EVO folder when plugged in. I use the belt clip holster deal and it much better than having it in your pocket. Im happy with it.

Well that's pretty sweet I might have to look into getting a Droid next time I upgrade!

no issues with cingular/at&t here. been with them since 2002. live out in the country and have an occasional area that i drive through and lose connection but for the most part it's okay. the iphone 4 is awesome! can do almost as much on it as on a computer. much better than the blackberry i was using before. customer svc. has been satisfactory and i've always been able to reach someone 24-7. even on a holiday if needed...

Brett,

Not sure if you have US Cellular by you or not but I have always had great service with them and have always had signal whereever I went. I will be getting the HTC Desire next week. It's not as wide as the HTC EVO but just as good system wise with a 5mp camera. The screen size on the EVO is 4" and on the Desire it's 3.7".. Just another option!

Attachments

• htc-desire-large-1.jpg
    htc-desire-large-1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 164
It seems as cell service gets more & more popular the quality of service goes down. I've had Verizon since it was AirTouch, used to never drop calls. Now I'd have better quality service using 2 cans and a string:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, I've heard the iPhone would be coming to verizon for years now, with all the droid phones & apps it seems highly unlikely they will ever support an iphone.

Been w/ Sprint for 10+ years...no problems at all, and that EVO phone, I have it...it's a big phone but I can honestly say it's amazing and works flawlessly...if u can deal w/ it's size you will love it.

Everyone around me has Droids. I thought I'd got to a Verizon store down the street and ask some questions. The phones are nice enough. Some are smaller some more expensive. Then I asked what this is going to cost. Told me $33 a month for unlimited data on top of what I'm already paying.:eek: Sorry no sale. I'll take that $33 a month and save it for retirement.:tongue: At this time I just can't justify it.:rolleyes:

If your primary concern is call quality, not dropping, internet access, etc.. find out who has the most sites closest to where you are using the device primarily. If you travel all over, then pic the best package from a cost prespective, because if you are on the road, youll find that none of them are going to make you happy all of the time.

Also, NOBODY has "4G"... the ITU standard speeds for being considered "4G" are 100Mbps.... not a single carrier is anywhere near that ballpark. Lucky to have 5Mbps standing next to the antenna on top of the tower itself...

Tmobile with iPhone 4 works great for me in ct and doesn't break the bank unlimited everything for myself my wife and the 2 older kiddies around 200 a month