Astroroof seal

JimG

My 87 GN seal has deteriorated and now leaks into the car. Are there factory replacements or jobber replacements available?
Many thanks
Jim

I just received the sample yesterday. I was here late last night test fitting. The new piece is actually nicer then the GM part. The bottom is cleaner for a better sealing ability. It has the hard plastic inner tube support that can not be seen on the inside. very nice quality part just making sure it is 100% as good as GM or better before we tell them to go into production.
The Main pan seal is not far behind.

oh come on Mike.. you have to have THOUSANDS from me! :) LOL

:) (ok.. well that still isnt enough, but I amused myself writing this). I am sure you have other parts I want in "hiding" :)

Yup, come to think of it I do have a pretty good stash put away Thanks to my good friend, Rick.

Testing has gone well. I went back & read a lot of posts where people had problems installing a new GM seal & the glass wouldn't close all the way. It seems the NOS seals are like that we already have a better finished bottom. This will let it adhere a lot better. I'm working on seeing if we can get it a little more glass friendly then stock. you can always put wax or another substance to make it slide in easier, Just hoping to make a better seal that this does not have to be done with.