Astroroof question

ponch

Well I just finished installing a new gasket but when it came time to close, it did not seal on the front passenger side, looks like that side needs to be pulled forward 1/8 inch or less. Is their a way to adjust it and pull only that side forward a 1/8 inch or so? I do see some torx bolts inside the track and I am guessing this is where its done but not sure which to loosen and how to adjust. Any help would be appreciated :)

Thank You
Kevin

Kevin sent an email to you with a link(could not get it to link here correctly). A couple of paragraphs down it has a note about the adjument screws. Hope that helps;)

Originally posted by ponch
Well I just finished installing a new gasket but when it came time to close, it did not seal on the front passenger side, looks like that side needs to be pulled forward 1/8 inch or less. Is their a way to adjust it and pull only that side forward a 1/8 inch or so? I do see some torx bolts inside the track and I am guessing this is where its done but not sure which to loosen and how to adjust. Any help would be appreciated :)

Thank You
Kevin

I had the same problem and didnt notice it until water was dripping on my head.

I removed the whole assembly so I could adjust all the adjusting screws easier. I moved the glass as high as it would go, bolted it in, and in closed nice and snug. There is one adjusting screw in each corner of the glass on the power moonroof assembly.

So after you installed the gasket you then removed the whole moonroof assembly thats bolted to the roof? Thats not what I wanted to hear. Also, the screws you adjusted are they the ones on both front corners? Looks like a 10mm bolt with a torx fitting in the middle? I was hoping for an easy fix :) Looks like I'm back to garage...o boy

ponch,

Yes, I dropped the whole roof again. I did because I couldnt figure out anyway to get to the back bolts without taking it down. If I remember correctly, you are talking about the right bolts (not 100% sure though). The leak I had was in the back of the glass, and there was no way to get to the back bolts without removing it again. Good luck.

Well, I didn't have to drop the headliner again..just went in and loosened the very front passenger side torx bolt and moved it forward a bit and tightened and now the roof travels all the way forward and seals nice. Alot easier than I thought :) Actually the whole process wasn't that bad...was easier than removing DS header. Next project...Replace rear main and shift kit install :( Does it ever end.