Astro Roof or ASC roof?

Adrian87

I've done a few searches already, and am still not sure how to tell which roof I have. I guess the factory version was slightly different from the ASC version.

I need to get the gasket replaced on my 'Astroroof', as well as a new headliner, it sounds like the headliners are not the same for each roof, so how do I determine which one my GN actually has?

Anyone know of a good write up for removal and replacing the gasket? The GN/TTYPE link I found was dead.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Is the CF5 option listed on your RPO sticker ? That is the factory unit. If the RPO is missing , post a picture of the roof with the glass open and the inside of the headliner. As far as I know the factory glass has the seal on the glass and no seal on the body. My dealer installed unit is a Holandia and was bought out by Webasto , I just bought a seal for mine here locally. If you need a body side seal let me know if I can help.

Bryan

Look on the cowl tag under the drivers side wiper, it should have CF5 embossed on it if it's a factory astroroof.

Thanks. It does not have the CF5 code, so I guess it was an ASC unit. Do we know which gaskets and which headliners work with it?

Here's what it should look like for future thread readers.

I don't have any knowledge of aftermarket roofs.

20140730_163936.jpg

If you have a GM CF5 the edge of the roof metal at the opeing is folded over and painted smoothly, like the edge of a door or deck lid. The ASC is cut in so there is a metal ring all around the opening about 3/4" wide and usually satin black.

The ASC roof I have seen has a chrome ring. The factory roof is much cleaner looking.

If your roof above rear view mirror has the button in chrome and has the hand crank hole its cf5 car
astro-roof inside car pic.JPG

Attachments

• 100_0285.jpg
    100_0285.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 234
Ah. It does not, must be the ASC version. So there's seriously no aftermarket support for the gasket on this thing? Try a sun roof supply house??? Does that even exist?

Is there a tag on the front of the frame? Look through the top with the glass open .
Post a picture.....

Bryan

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Does yours seal like this ?

Phoneguy....mine looks like urs. Think we both have aftermarket. My switch is black ..not chrome.

That looks nothing like my ASC. And I know mine is an ASC, had the labeled switch and the glass has their logo on it too. My ASC also has the motor behind it, with no manual crank option. It tips up in the back to vent or it will slide all the way open. I've got it tipped open in my sig pic. Your best bet for a seal is trying to find something universal, seems like there would have to be something out there at a Jegs or Summit or JC Whitney for weatherstripping.

Phoneguy....mine looks like urs. Think we both have aftermarket. My switch is black ..not chrome.
If it is the same as mine the seal for the roof was 40.00 from the local Webasto/Holandia roof dealer . Check your locale for a dealer or I can put you in touch with the place I got mine from.
With the glass slid back, not just vented to the rear, there is a tag at the front of the roof that identifies the model

Bryan

I am en route to home from Richard Clark's ...had to rebuild my tranny. Will be late tonight before I get home. Will try to post up when I get home.

Bryan