ASC moonroof question

Mack V

I am not sure if my switch or my motor or something else is the matter. The moonroof doesn't open. I am not sure which of the three wires goes where on the switch as I had pulled it out several months ago and the wires came loose. I have a yellow w/ red stripe (12V) wire, a beige and a brown wire is memory serves me correct.
I can hear a clicking noise when I press the button but nothing happens. Any help is greatly appreciated. Is there a way of by-passing the switch?

crank key is only for Astoroof IIRC. I don't have one on my ASC roof car.

You might want to pull the interior trim and see if something is binding.., Not too hard to do...

Do you have the crank key? I think that is the manual override.

Headliner has been out for some time. Two of the three wires were disconnected already but I could connect them and hit the switch and it would open. Now nothing but a click from the rear of the unit. Also I am not sure which wire goes where now as the third wire broke loose at the switch and I decided to ask the question. Which wire goes to what terminal? :confused:

hello people; I don't know about your wiring question but I do believe there is a manual crank on the ASC. I have a location of if in my car but they put the headliner over the manual crank hole but it's there.
IBBY

hello people; I don't know about your wiring question but I do believe there is a manual crank on the ASC. I have a location of if in my car but they put the headliner over the manual crank hole but it's there.
IBBY

The headliner is out. If it is there I must be blind. :eek:. Maybe it's behind a plate I need to remove.

hello people; Maybe your moonroof is not an ASC or maybe mine is not. There is a ASC sticker in the glove box in my car.
IBBY

The headliner is out. If it is there I must be blind. :eek:. Maybe it's behind a plate I need to remove.

I do not know the difference between the ASC or IIRC moonroof. I have an 86 ttype with Astroroof. The motor is located near the front of the hole cutout and definitely has a manual crank that is keyed for hex socket allen wrench. There are 5 wires coming in/out of the switch: Pink = 12V supply, 2x Blk = ground, green = motor supply (either 12V or gnd depending on direction), blk with white stripe is same as green but reverse operation.

Sometimes the pl-etal (Plastic Metal) switches go bad and the window motor problems are solved with a new one - Rock Auto sells them cheap. HTH, but maybe I have the IIRC astroroof?

Mine only has three wires going to it and it worked when I bought the car years ago. It side back and forth and up and down to vent.

I do not know the difference between the ASC or IIRC moonroof. I have an 86 ttype with Astroroof. The motor is located near the front of the hole cutout and definitely has a manual crank that is keyed for hex socket allen wrench. There are 5 wires coming in/out of the switch: Pink = 12V supply, 2x Blk = ground, green = motor supply (either 12V or gnd depending on direction), blk with white stripe is same as green but reverse operation.

Sometimes the pl-etal (Plastic Metal) switches go bad and the window motor problems are solved with a new one - Rock Auto sells them cheap. HTH, but maybe I have the IIRC astroroof?