ARP sealant - kind of gritty looking?

tminer

Not quite normal
I have used liquid teflon products in the past but I don't remember them looking gritty like the ARP stuff that I ordered. Is this normal?

It hasn't separated, at least that I can tell, but the paste has a gritty appearance to it.

Thanks,
Tom

thats normal for the ARP stuff,,,,but i have had nothing but trouble with it, both myself and several people i race with all have the same complaint... it SUCKS.....everytime ive used it to seal head studs it leaks, others have had the same problem. it seem no matter how much you use it still leaks.....i went back to the plain old permatex stuff and havnt had a problem since.....btw ive never tired it on a turbo car but i would expect the same results..........goodluck!!!

Yea, some people hate it, others don't seem to have a problem. Did you chase the threads and clean them with an engine cleaning brush and mineral spirits or other solvent? I am hoping that that will work, but may use the cadilac pills too.

Thanks for the gritty details, at least I don't have to worry about that!

Tom

Tom, all the threads were freshly chased and the blocks were super clean from the machine shop...........i hope it works for ya.........:cool: