arp rod bolt torque specs

Mike70gtx

I have done some searching to find out the torque specs. The gntype.org I believe says 40, the arp website says from 45 to 55 (the part number I have doesn't match, and on one of the threads someone said 75#s.
The number on the head of the rod bolt id 2000, these are stock rods. I think I followed the 40 or 45 from the torque spec page on gntype.org.
Right now I have permatex thread sealer under the bolt heads. That is what is used on the head bolts for the rjc bulletproof gaskets. Help please.

I went 55 with 30 weight oil. i think arp says 55 with their grease. i dont think its a good idea to use thread sealent. Arp also says to cycle thru 3 tork sequences...no thank you. It shortens life of bolts. Keep in mind , you want the machinist to tork at an agreed amount ft lbs/type lube when resizing rods. Thats impossible here , as machinist will only use the chevy/ford methods.

Thanks. I'm not sure why RJC recommends the thread sealer on head bolts, but not studs, If I remember right.

ARP tech just told me if I have moly lube to torque to 50#s. He also said the the permatex thread sealer would work with the same spec as the moly. He also told me not to use a wire brush to clean threads. I had already used a small wire wheel on the head bolts. He said it wasn't as critical on the head bolts as the rod bolts as material was different. (must be more pliable.) The thing with the permatex is that it sets up if you don't use it right away.