ArizonaGN Headers

Marc87GN

Is anyone currently using these headers? I have been fighting exhaust leaks around the driverside header, crossover leaks for a while and wasting time and money. The ATR driverside header ball flange is warped(oval) and the new SS crossover is a tight fit underneath and it leaks horribly at the flange. I put in an order today for a stock driverside header from Seturbo, but I'm thinking about just getting an entirely new set from ArizonaGN. The mild steel looks like they won't leak and I will never have to worry about warping another ball flange again. Just wondering if anyone has them.

I bought a set from TA performance, same as Nicks at Arizon Gn. I love em. Of course I bought the car with some Hooker headers so any new header was an improvement. The Hookers are JUNK..if anybody has them on their car, take them off now! My car went from 2.0 60 ft 12.7 et to 1.65 60ft. 11.8 just changing the headers.) I bought the jet-hot coated headers, they fit like a glove, easy to install and my turbo now spools up like its supposed to. When I put a set MT ET streets on the car(with hooker headers) I couldn't spin the tires launching with 5 lbs. of boost, now I can smokem till I let off the gas. Dont use copper gaskets, use the ones they send with the header. I used copper and it leaked bad, I had to pull them off and change the gaskets 1 day later.

Yup, I 2nd 87Nat! I just bolted a set of TA Performance stainless headers on, fit perfect, look great...can't wait till spring to get the car out to try'em out

87NAT said:
I bought a set from TA performance, same as Nicks at Arizon Gn. I love em. Of course I bought the car with some Hooker headers so any new header was an improvement. The Hookers are JUNK..if anybody has them on their car, take them off now! My car went from 2.0 60 ft 12.7 et to 1.65 60ft. 11.8 just changing the headers.) I bought the jet-hot coated headers, they fit like a glove, easy to install and my turbo now spools up like its supposed to. When I put a set MT ET streets on the car(with hooker headers) I couldn't spin the tires launching with 5 lbs. of boost, now I can smokem till I let off the gas. Dont use copper gaskets, use the ones they send with the header. I used copper and it leaked bad, I had to pull them off and change the gaskets 1 day later.

Thanks alot. I'm just tired of dealing with these finicky stock headers. I'm sure they will find their way on ebay really soon.

Wow, I just looked at the kit on TA Performance and it looks like it comes with everything. I just ordered a ProTorque converter from Chris @ CK Perf so I think I will just order the mild steel. I would love to get the stainless, but I don't want to rack up too many bills. Thanks alot guys.

If you buy the mild steel you will need to paint them. At least thats what the rep from TA perfromance told me. Of course I am in Lafayette, LA and it is 99% humidity almost all year round. He said I would be dealing with rusty headers very shortly if not painted. I believe the extra $ for the jet hot coating will pay for itself. It will also keep those underhood temps down.

Thats just my 2 cents...

87NAT said:
If you buy the mild steel you will need to paint them. At least thats what the rep from TA perfromance told me. Of course I am in Lafayette, LA and it is 99% humidity almost all year round. He said I would be dealing with rusty headers very shortly if not painted. I believe the extra $ for the jet hot coating will pay for itself. It will also keep those underhood temps down.

Thats just my 2 cents...

I was actually talking to my wife before and she said to get the ones I really wanted so I decided to get the SS. What you are saying makes sense though. :smile:

87NAT said:

Thats just my 2 cents...

It's really about the same price if you jet hot the mild steel vs. the ss set. Mild steel=$655, jet hot=@$250 = $900 Stainless=$955 IMO the ss is the better buy

DonnieShort said:
It's really about the same price if you jet hot the mild steel vs. the ss set. Mild steel=$655, jet hot=@$250 = $900 Stainless=$955 IMO the ss is the better buy

That's why I went to the SS.. This kit was complete. It has everything. The only issue I had with mine were the ports on them. They needed some porting to match the opening in the heads. Maybe the next runs will be opened up more..

I knew it, I knew, I knew it!!!!!

I dont know what kind of headers I have but this is the third time they strarted leaking. Now my car seems a bit slower, and the exhaust leak keeps getting worse. The mechanic that rebuilt the car had to redo them twice and now this is the third time its happend. I know my car is faster than what its been going. I guess I will have to get new headers.

Headers in the 9's

Anyone other than Nick been in the 9's with these headers? How do they compare to the ATR headers of the past? The ATR's look like they might handle more flow in hi HP applications.

Thanks
9 sec.

TA Headers

Here is the info on the TA Headers Nice the best i have seen yet :eek: :eek:

Incorporates interlocking flanges, Abundant clearance to all bolt locations, slip lock crossover connection.

Kit includes all hardware such as bolts, washers, clamps, and O2 sensor plug; plus steel core graphite header & connection gaskets as well as copper & graphite laminated turbo mounting gasket.

Header to head and turbo mounting flanges are 1/2" thick to resist warping.

TA V2012CH Mild Steel Turbo V6 Header Kit ...................................... $ 645.00
TA V2012CH-SS 304 Stainless Steel Turbo V6 Header Kit .................. $ 955.00
Jet Hot 2000 Coming Very Soon!

Attachments

• TA Headers.jpg
    TA Headers.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 545
more pics

Attachments

• 100_0955 (Medium).jpg
    100_0955 (Medium).jpg
    83 KB · Views: 243
  • 100_0957 (Medium).jpg
    100_0957 (Medium).jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 100_0958 (Medium).jpg
    100_0958 (Medium).jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 100_0960 (Medium).jpg
    100_0960 (Medium).jpg
    82 KB · Views: 168
  • 100_0961 (Medium).jpg
    100_0961 (Medium).jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 189
I've been told that there is about a 6 week wait on them....anybody try to order any lately ?

Anyone tried adding the same double flange connector they have in the crossove to a set of Poston or ATR's?

Thanks,

CTX-SLPR said:
Anyone tried adding the same double flange connector they have in the crossove to a set of Poston or ATR's?

Thanks,

i haven't but it looks like a pretty well thought out design. Ive never seen a two peice ATR cross over that didn't leak. I just had mine welded into a one piece once i got them adjusted correctly.

9SECVSIX said:
Anyone other than Nick been in the 9's with these headers? How do they compare to the ATR headers of the past? The ATR's look like they might handle more flow in hi HP applications.

Thanks
9 sec.

D i c k kereny has been in the mid to low nines with this design.

Brent,

I feel the ATR design will flow better in a high HP application. The TA design may spool better. IMO

I like the V clamp on the crossover, thats my biggest knock against the Postons. Every 5 to 10k miles I have to get someone to air rachet them tight again to stop the minor leaking.