Are we missing something?!

Googs

I've "GOT BOOST"!
Here's the story, I put the motor together a few years ago. Car ran great with no smoking. It started eating valve springs and rattling. Pulled the motor, figured out the rattling (loose converter bolts), and had the heads done (decked, p/p, valve job, seats, all new guides, seals, pushrod tubes, & the proper springs). We put the motor back together and back in the car. Again, car runs great, but smokes on start up and when the throttle is let out. So we start checking things out. There's no pcv valve, no oil in the intercooler piping or turbo inlet or outlets (so it's not coming from those places), & heads were just gone through (we're asuming the reputible shop did them correctly). So maybe we had a int man gasket not seal up properly? We checked the mating surfaces & everything lines up true. So we changed the gaskets last night, making sure the they were in correct place. Let the car sit over night so the silicone can cure. Start the car today & drive around a bit, no dice, it still smokes. So the question is, are missing something, or do we need to take the heads back to the shop?

Sorry this was a little long, but wanted to give all the info I could up front.

Thanks,
Craig

Just off the top of my head it sounds like valve guides, Were the stems on your valves checked?? maybe they are undersize? or hour glassed. Usually when a car first starts up and you get smoke then it goes away thats what it is..

Do any of the spark plugs show signs of oil fouling?? I'd pull them all out and see if there is signs of oil on any of them. Do you have the right length push rod? Are the valve seals coming off the guides? Did you have the valve guides replaced? What do you mean by eating v-springs? Are they losing tension or physically breaking?

We didn't disasemble & check the heads when we got them back, but everything that was asked & recommended to be done, looked to be done. Again this inclunded new guides, new seals, & checking the valves for any defects, among everything that was listed above.

My dad did check the pushrod length, and they appear to be correct.

We haven't pulled the plugs, but when we do, if they're oily, what does this tell us?

And yes, when I said eating valve springs, I, specificly, meant it was breaking the innner spring in them.

Sorry I didn't mention before, but the inside of the intake manifold is coated with oil, and this was what led us to think manifold gaskets.

Thanks again for the help.