Are the front bumper fillers breaking down?

hemity

86 T-Type
I have a 86 t-type. After two weeks in the garage the front fillers one more then another seems to get a white coating over them that can be wiped off almost like wax.
Can anybody tell my why?

That is the first sign and they will not get any better. There is a chemical that seeps out of them when they are gone.

Mine were in fine shape right up until the end. Indeed I wondered how my parts were doing so well as others complained of rot - then ....

Don't even try to "fix" them--get new ones. The old ones are going to start falling apart in chunks soon. Do both the front and rear at the same time and save money on paint work.

I have to agree that when they do that they are dying. One of my rear fillers has been repainted years ago and does not haze up but the other does. They seem to rot from the back side due to no paint back there. I installed fiberglass ones on the front after they cracked and had good results.

can these fillers be repainted and this will stop? Or must I get new fillers.
New ones are about $130 for the pair and are a better material than the old ones.

ah crap ... mine do it too.... they haze over like before you buff off wax... rub and they gloss up and look great... They still flex fine and feel ok though.... I was hoping it was the wax or something ....:mad:

The front parking lamp grilles on my '79 TA are doing that..weirdest thing I thought...luckily I just bought a new pair cause I got tired of wiping the crap off that kept building up on them.

On my GN, I just came out one day and the rear fillers were laying on the ground in pieces..just fell out while sitting up...fronts did the same thing a few years later...and this was on a 50k mile car thats been garaged kept its entire life!

Speaking of bumper fillers, I still have the original ones on my GN and they still look new. But if one day I have to replace them, I was wondering how do the fiberglass one fit? Do you have to fit them prior to painting or just paint them and then bolt them on? Are there makes better that others?...
thanks,
Claude :)