Are all Regal chassis the same?

Meaning is the body, frame, and suspension the same for all Regals no matter what drive train and trim package they got? This is assuming stock.

No, they're not. The 83-87 frames are the same but the earlier ones don't have the pad on the frame for the 4 speed tranny. The body's from 82-87 have the same main section and front fenders with differences in the header panel. The front fenders on the 81 and earlier ones are different. There are other variations but that's pretty much the jist of it.;)

Yes, i actually meant 83-87 in my head. I forgot that there were earlier ones. Im only 40! :). I am asking because the T i got is too rusted to fix and i would like to transplant the mechanical stuff and dash. I know i will have some electrical work to do. Hopefully it goes ok. There is an 86 Regal by me with blown v8. I was thinking of getting this and swapping. Any thoughts?

81 and up but the 81-82 won't have the pad for the 2004R tranny. You can get an after market pad that bolts/welds on for the 4 speed if you get an earlier one. Depending on where you're located finding a car may be a pain but since you've basically got a complete parts car it would be fairly easy since you've got all the parts.

the 82 and newer shells are all the same- they might have moved some spot welds or something, but they are functionally the same.. so if you can get a solid 86 shell, you can transfer all your stuff to it- but keep in mind that legally you can't move the VIN plates, so you should make sure you get a clean title for the 86..

Just so I understand are all 83-87 frames the same? i have an 87 T type that was cut on to fit bigger wheels (previous owner) I want to take it back to stock. I have acces to a decent 84 regal. can i use the frame or will there be issues? thanks for the help.

I put a rear frame section in my 87 from an 82 and found that the area around the pinion snubber was made a little different. The 87 had a larger stronger brace between the rear frame rails.

Just so I understand are all 83-87 frames the same? i have an 87 T type that was cut on to fit bigger wheels (previous owner) I want to take it back to stock. I have acces to a decent 84 regal. can i use the frame or will there be issues? thanks for the help.

Aslong as it's an 84 there shouldn't be any problems. If it's an earlier one there may be problems.