Are all gauge pods created equal?

GullsGN

OLD HIPPIE
I am mounting 5 gauges in my car. 3 in the DNS gauge pod and 2 on the A pillar. Do I have any choices for a 2 gauge pod? I see one on Kirbans that is a stick on and one on G-Bodys that replaces the stock pillar. What is my best choice for two gauges on the A pillar. I want the boost and fuel pressure where I can see them.

I got one I think from Autometer way back. But for the $40 that GBody wants for the 2-gauge one piece, I would go with it. Then you don't have to drill. Heck for the extra $5 you can have a 3-gauge pod. I like looking up instead of down. I have oil and fuel outside on the hood; doesn't look that radical really. I have knock and boost in my A-pillar. Not sure what else I need unless someone wants to make a Scanmaster in a 2 1/16" size.

I have the G body type, looks a lot nicer than the ones that look like they were stuck on with some tape.

In case you're interested, I have a very nice Kirban twin A-pillar gauge holder mounted on an original pillar moulding (has correct holes for light wiring and boost gauge line): $50

Claude. ;) 151786-77964ff1f7e0ddc38637ce442ee873d0.jpg151787-0a478efe4e8c4edf1435d2e188dff980.jpg

There is/was a board member on here that made a 4 place gauge holder that went over the radio. It was made so the gauges were aimed toward the driver and wrapped in gray leather to match. The pictures I seen a while back looked great. Would actually like to pick one up myself. If I remember correctly, he was designing it to accept the SM too. I'll see if I can find this old thread

I bought this pod (used) from another member last fall, had it powdercoated grey (turned out the wrong grey...:( ) and installed it below the radio. I did this because I'm planning to have a roll cage installed in the car and there won't be enough room left on the windshield post for some gauges.

Claude. :)
DSCN3236.JPGDSCN3233.JPG

There is/was a board member on here that made a 4 place gauge holder that went over the radio. It was made so the gauges were aimed toward the driver and wrapped in gray leather to match. The pictures I seen a while back looked great. Would actually like to pick one up myself. If I remember correctly, he was designing it to accept the SM too. I'll see if I can find this old thread

Here's a picture of the 4 gauge (over the radio pod) gauge holder. The board members name is "Evil"....I'll try to post a link to the thread.

4 gauge pod.jpg

Here's a picture of the 4 gauge (over the radio pod) gauge holder. The board members name is "Evil"....I'll try to post a link to the thread.

View attachment 187031
You beat me to it. I got in touch with Evil yesterday afternoon. I ordered one for my car and he does have some gray ones left to sell. I think these gauge holders are the cats azz!!!