Aquamist jets

turbo

clogged. Didn't use the injection for over a month. Didn't need it with 100 octane. When I checked all four jets were clogged. My mixture is 50/50 and I use distilled water. I also run a filter between the pump and jets.

Thought Aquamist was setup for water? Could the denatured be clogging the jets instead of the water? The jets are large for Aquamist...they're 1's.

Anyone have the same problems with the Aquamist?

Water or denatured.........what caused the clogging?

TIA

Question is what cuased the clog?

Corrossion, debris, rubber, ???

Flowjet pump. I've had the system for about 6 years with upgrades.

Everything from NOS jets to Aquamist.

I took one jet apart---think I can see a rust type of debris. It might be from the filter. I'll have to take the others apart and check them. I'm guessing it could be the guts from the filter.

I think I used a gas filter. Looks like that was a bad move??

I know it's not the container, which happens to be a radiator recovery tank...looks clean.

No hose type of debris.

If I use a filter again, what would be good for our application? Or should I just pass?

Yup--------got some chunks from a different jet. Almost look like mini coffee grounds 'cept flat. Must be the filter.

Think I'll go with your mod Steve! NO f'n filter! :)

This goes back to properly designing a system. If your hoses were teflon lined, there would be zero issue with them coming apart. Likewise, not having a filter exposes the possibilty of a clogging situation.

Alcohol is some nasty stuff..like saltwater.. it corrodes most metals. Stainless and Brass are the two that work well. And keep regular rubber away as well.

Filter

These were done today to address this particular issue.. it wont rust and come apart ;)

I checked under a magnifying glass. FILTER not hose.

I have trick hose anyway, got it at a chemical outlet...didn't think it was that.

I have filters on each jet, comparable to a line filter which is more of a strainer than large filter. I'll just let the tiny little baskets do their thing and delete the filter. It only takes about a minute to take the jet out, clean it and replace.

No probs with the system for 6 years (stainless) until I decided to go with a biggy filter last year. Can you say OVERKILL!

I only mentioned hoses becuase they too are part of a system. It is only as good as your weakest part. Other examples are wrapping wires with electrical tape.. I'm not saying your system has this, just that items that pertain to getting alcohol into the motor have to be addressed so they cant fail. A lot of people read this. That is why i'm stressing keep an eye on what is done.

The M15 nozzles have filters on them as well, they are 120 micron mesh. The strainer I use is 90 microns..so it will catch any nasty that could clog a nozzle and has a lot more surface area than the nozzle, to prevent such an occurrance.

One thing for sure, that shureflow pump anything before it..skews its output big time. Like a small diameter hose as well.

Is it OK to just have a filter before the pump?

I took my pump apart and found little traces of gel like material in the valve body.. but not sure where that came from, I only used distilled water all along.

Also, is a vinyl clear tube good enough for feed tube for methanol/alcohol use?

Any filter before the pump will reduce its output..especially if its a shureflow pump.

Dont know about other pumps...

Ok.. heres you question answered with another question..your clear tube filter..what is it made of? glass, plastic, etc???

The mesh is made of what?? Is that material alcohol compatible?

Are the ends plastic or metal. If theyre metal..what kind of metal?? If the filter is glued together..is the glue they used compatible with alcohol?

I guess you see a lot of questions. I cannot find a cheap filter. If you can.. please let us all know.

critical part is flow..

Cheap alcohol filter..get one from a model airplane..unfortunately it wont flow volume.

HTH