anyway to test the actuator? car won't hold boost

crownvic96

anyway to test the actuator? car overboosts

right now i have a terry houston 3" down pipe, stock turbo, stock actuator and a RJC boost controller plumbed directly between the compressor and actuator. the car always overboosts. i checked the arm on the downpipe and it opens and closes with no restrictions.

the only two things it can be are either the stock actuator has a leak of some sort and isn't opening or there is a minimum limit you need to tighten the rjc controller down before it starts opening.

so is there a way to test the stock actuator? and is there a minimum i have to adjust the rjc controller down before it starts to work?

Stock actuator STARTS to move at 9psi. and opens about 3/16" to 1/4" linear movement at 14 psi.

No air leaks or sounds should be heard and the operation should be repeatable using controlled pressure shop air.

Unattached to the wastegate puck arm for testing and off the turbo on a bench is the easiest way to check it out closely.

that sucks, i have no shop air :(, i have a low pressure adj. actuator i guess i can swap on to check tomrrow. its rainy tonight so testing on the street is out of the question.