Anything to gain from "bigger" injectors

Black3

Fargan sneaky bastages!
My GN is mostly stock: test pipe, exhaust, cone, adj. reg, pump/hot wire. Car has 47k. Assuming my stock injectors are fine, would I have anything to gain if I went up to 36 or higher injectors with a matching chip?

I'm going to respectively disagree. If I'm intrepeting his signature correctly, he has an upgraded fuel pump. I have always heard the the injectors and fuel pump were marginal in capacity. I'm a firm believer that you need more fuel capacity than you think you may ever need. I say go with the 36#'ers and chip. We all have a lot of money in our motors and having surplus (within reason) fuel system capacity just seems to be a good thing to me.
Conrad

ps...If you haven't already, put in a fresh fuel filter and replace all those rubber fuel & vacuum/boost lines with fresh hoses.

I'm going to respectively disagree. If I'm intrepeting his signature correctly, he has an upgraded fuel pump. I have always heard the the injectors and fuel pump were marginal in capacity. I'm a firm believer that you need more fuel capacity than you think you may ever need. I say go with the 36#'ers and chip. We all have a lot of money in our motors and having surplus (within reason) fuel system capacity just seems to be a good thing to me.
Conrad

ps...If you haven't already, put in a fresh fuel filter and replace all those rubber fuel & vacuum/boost lines with fresh hoses.

But his question was would he gain anything by going bigger and the answer as stated CORRECTLY is NOPE. Bigger injectors will not make more HP. Unless he has maxed out the stockers and they are limiting him.

Do you know your Air Fuel Ratio at WOT and the max boost you want to run? If not, it makes it harder to answer this for you.

I would base my decision on one question. Do you ever plan on running more than 15 lbs of boost? If no, then dont bother with new injectors. If you decide you want to do injectors just to have new ones in there, do 60s and a chip and be done with it.

If you are going to keep your stock injectors, see if you can find a used turbo tweak chip on the board for a stock car or just order a new one from eric.

Thanks. With my lack of knowledge with these cars I figured it would only be a security factor. Car has new fuel filter, a T.T. 93 chip, etc. I just figured with 47k new injectors might be a good idea and maybe a touch more boost with some Torco and a matching chip.

You could always just get your stockers cleaned and flow matched. After 23 years a cleaning can't hurt.

If you are going to spend money, spend it so you don't have to again for a long time. The 60# injectors work fine with a stock car and leave tons of room for bigger turbo's later.

I would agree with most though, if it is going to remain stock and you are not maxing out the stockers, why bother. They make plenty of power.

If you are going to spend money, spend it so you don't have to again for a long time. The 60# injectors work fine with a stock car and leave tons of room for bigger turbo's later.

I would agree with most though, if it is going to remain stock and you are not maxing out the stockers, why bother. They make plenty of power.

What he said. 60's on my stock turbo/stock head car idled like silk and have plenty of growth room.

I thought the factory injectors didn't work well with today's fuels?

Forgot where I read that.:confused:

Do you have a scanmaster? If so, it should read in the low 800s-high 700s under full boost at 17 psi. 17 psi should be no problem.

You could always just get your stockers cleaned and flow matched. After 23 years a cleaning can't hurt.

I agree I find it hard to imagine older injectors not being varnished up from sitting (if a low mile car) or the pintles clogged and fouled a bit with deposits on the high mileage ones.