Anyone with Ridetech coilovers?

87GN&98VET

I am considering putting Ridetech coilovers on the rear of my GN to get it a little lower. Are the adjustables worth the extra $$? I am curious how the different damping ratios compare to the non-adjustables. My car will not see track duty, it's only for the street so I don't necessarily need a firm setting for track duty.

Also curious how low the car can go with these. I want no more than a finger to fit between the top of my tire and the wheel well.

Thanks,

I have the Ridetech set up from GNS, I loved the way Scott's car looked and copied his set up ...the rear has the Detroit Speed Bar... I will say expensive but worth every penny... Here is some pictures rear end 003.JPG mixed 100.jpg 123.jpg 093.jpg The car also rides like it was brand new

i got em fully adjustable and i love em. They ride awesome makes it a whole diff car. i upgraded to the select series where you have an electronic button to have them stiff or loosen up for everyday driving. They get real low.

Thanks guys.

GKNY, would you select the stiffest setting for the street? Currently I am riding on Bilsteins with 1/2 coil cut off of Eibach springs which isn't too bad. I want a firm ride but since I wont be taking the car on the track I'm not sure I would use the adjustability feature. If the stiff setting is too harsh for the street I'd probably lean toward the non-adjustables as long as they are not too soft.

Here's my car, I'd like to maintain the same ride height.

2007 003.jpg
2007 004.jpg

Last edited:
i dont know how much ride techs are but have you looked at the qa1s? go to spohns site. ii believe he does free shipping on stuff.. i have them and love them.i had tbem low but my tire was too fat so up she went lol

I like the Ridetechs because the brackets use two bolts. Every other coilover set-up I have seen used one bolt in single shear which I don't think is a good idea. I could be wrong on the QA1s, I'll have to look again.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks guys.

GKNY, would you select the stiffest setting for the street? Currently I am riding on Bilsteins with 1/2 coil cut off of Eibach springs which isn't too bad. I want a firm ride but since I wont be taking the car on the track I'm not sure I would use the adjustability feature. If the stiff setting is too harsh for the street I'd probably lean toward the non-adjustables as long as they are not too soft.

Nice car man! I like the stance. One thing I liked about the select series double adjustable coilovers was the fact that I was not sure what my end use for the car was going to be. I never have done pro touring but I want to try it, and I also will be bringing it to the drag strip. If you dont plan on switching the stance and bringing it to a protouring or drag track then you prob dont need the adjustables.

Ridetech's are expensive but if you got the $, its money well spent. It will make you drive the car 20x more. The coilovers are stiff but really not that bad, as Im sure any newer sportscars feel the same. Call Scot at GNS peformance, he will hook you up and he saved me money when I went through him. Also I got the upper and lower real control arms. I heard DSE makes a real nice sway bar.

Last edited:
Also check thsi picture out. this was the select series. (i forget if it was front or rear) but you can see on the shock the grids to where you can set suspension at. Before i had my fenders rolled i jacked it up and when i rolled em i brought em down. All with the tweak of an allen wrench. Pretty cool if you ask me.

watch this video

the first minute or two is boring but they get into the explanations of the shocks. The select series is double adjustable and cheaper but not as cheap as the base model. To answer your question i would say go with the base package. I just like to have the option to punch a button to change it up.

I have them and love them. I have the single adjustables which let you adjust the rebound setting and ride height. I had the 2" drop DSE springs before those and got the car lower with the Ride Tech stuff...too low lol. If you have the money they are awesome and ride very nice. I leave my set up adjusted the same way I Autocross for the street and it's not too harsh. I also went through Scot at GNS, give him a call!

I'd also recommend the Ridetech coilovers especially over the QA1's, the difference in quality between the two is pretty significant. If you can and feel comfortable spend the extra money on the single adjustables. I know your primarily concerned with the ride height (the ridetechs will let you set the car pretty much anywhere you want) but that single adjustment is by far the most important since it's the only way we can control rebound. I enlisted the help of Ron Sutton (look him up on google) and got a full setup from him. He spec'ed out the spring rates to match the sway bars to get the correct roll stiffness. The cool thing is he has our suspension geometry already setup in his software and can calculate everything to ensure it works perfect together rather than just guess. I ended up running the single adjustables on all 4 corners and had them custom valved to be digressive vs the standard linear valving they come with. He also spec'ed out different spring rates than the standard ridetech kit (600 lbs/in front, 225 rear vs 700/200 standard) They ride great on the street on the softer setting but get pretty harsh when adjusted for the track. I'm telling you this because you'll be able to get a better riding car that handles great but getting the correct springs. I couldn't be happier with my setup.

Paul

87GN&98VET,

If your interested in the RideTech coil overs, we are running a holiday special right now of 10% Off ALL RideTech products!