Anyone with a "AUCTION INSANITY" Buick GN?

K Buckles

:confused: I was curious if anyone has one they would like to sell or can even give me some more info about them. I thought I had most all of the Buick GN diecasts but I missed the end of an auction for one of these on E Bay last week. I had never seen one or heard of one before then. It is a 1/64 scale 1987 GN made by Johnny Lightning. It has the diecast car along with an insert card. The title is called "Auction Insanity" . The insert card shows the MSRP along with a price$ one brought at auction. I assume this is an old release because the person said it was purchased at a yard sale. I am very interested in finding one for my collection. If anyone has one they can part with or give me more info, I would appreciate it. Might be able to make a trade if I have something you are interested in. Thanks, Kent

hi..actually this is not a old release at all! it is due out in december as a walmart exclusive only!! we dont know how it got out but it did..1000national on here bought one for 52 dollars already ill just wait till december? o ya i belong to www.hobbytalk.com u can find out whatever u like over there have a nice day!

if it works here is a pic

Attachments

• c3_12.jpg
    c3_12.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 476
Thanks! That is it! Thanks for the link to hobbytalk too! If you see one before me, let me know in case I cant find one. I can do the same for you. Thanks again, Kent

I was the one (BADGN1) who asked him where he found the car on E Bay. He said he had always liked G Bodys and picked this one up at a yard sale. HHHMMMMM :confused:

Yeah, he told me the same thing...... :confused:

I paid too much for what I got but at the time
Johnny Lightning told me that there was a chance
that this series could be abandoned and repackaged.
Took a chance and it didn't pan out this time."Live and Learn" :rolleyes:

But I did pick up the Tiger Wheels 3-car sets with the 1 of 100
white Preview GNX (3 sets) at $20 a set more or less. And I've seen
people pay up to $85 just for the white GNX.....makes me feel a little better
about my bone-headed purchases......... :eek:

They are supposed to be out in December sometime, can't wait to pick up
a couple more of these "Auction Insanity" GN's. ;)

1000NATIONAL said:
Yeah, he told me the same thing...... :confused:

I But I did pick up the Tiger Wheels 3-car sets with the 1 of 100
white Preview GNX (3 sets) at $20 a set more or less. And I've seen
people pay up to $85 just for the white GNX.....makes me feel a little better
about my bone-headed purchases......... :eek:

;)
i was one of those 76 for the white x here :frown: but i will need that auction car also g body really aint popular here

I'll be sure to get extras when and if I find them.....
I'll try to make some available to those who can't get
them....time will tell...... :D :biggrin:

Steve

I'm going to a decent-size toy show tomorrow in York, PA and I will be on the lookout for the "Auction Insanity" car. I'm thinking it's a recent release that hasn't made it to the stores yet.

JL is releseing a GN in january in a muscle car series i need like millions of these already have a case on preorder!!

Attachments

• 50151J_1_.jpg
    50151J_1_.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 397
Wow!!

That's got to be the best looking 1:64 Regal I've seen yet!

BTW, no luck at the York, PA toy show. Every JL vendor had no clue what I was talking about. :eek:

Anybody see these at Walmart yet? The closest WM to me is 40 minutes away so I don't really want to drive out there if they are not out yet :-(

I work there so I'll keep a look out for them. If I find any I'll let you all know. If there's several then maybe I can buy them all and give those who can't get to Wally world too often the chance to get one without waiting in those looonnngggg lines. :biggrin:

Same here at 2 different Wally Worlds near me.

Matter of fact, the JL pegs are looking mighty thin lately. Too many ricer and gangster cars dominate the 1:64 pegs.

No luck here! Have been to 4 or 5 Wally's around here. Some one please chime in when they find one. I will do the same! Thanks, Kent