Anyone wanna get rid of a factory radio delete plate?

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
Thinking about getting one beings my car was a radio delete. If the price is right I'll purchase. Post or PM- thanks

If anyone has a pic of what the factory one looks like we can probably make one up. We already do radio delete plates but I'm assuming you want one that looks stock. Think they just had BUICK on it???

Yeah they were black like the radios but just had buick in chrome, something like that. Don't think it would be too hard to copy and bet they would sell well:smile: Give me a second. Might be able to find something.

here it is. notice the darkened rectangle around the buick if you look close. It goes from one end of the plate to the other. I think this would be easy to duplicate and could have some cool variations of it also. Like maybe one that lights up like the LIMITED dash plaques...just throwing stuff out there

For some reason I couldn't upload the pic so here's the link to it.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ca...-national-one-owner-all-numbers-matching.html

Tried buying the car at the time but was too far away:frown:

Here are two scans. The one with the silver trim is the correct one for an 1987. It looks a little weird because the protective film is still on it. I bought it new when they were still available. The one with the gold trim is the correct part for the 1984 to 1986 cars. It too still has the film on it although it's a little chewed up. Believe it or not but I scored this one in the boneyard off a 85 Hot Air T-Type. I don't think the gold one looks to good on the GN and T-Type. Let me know and I can e-mail some better pics if you need them

Attachments

• 87 Radio Plate.jpg
    87 Radio Plate.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 86 Radio Plate.jpg
    86 Radio Plate.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 198
The 87 should NOT be a problem, just need to make sure my engraver has the proper font for it. The gold one, probably not.

Would be in the $35 range.

Is the one picture installed YOURS?? If so, what are the dimensions? I assume this is just a flat plate that tapes over the existing hole where the radio would go thru???

We could also just make a one piece deal that would still have the HVAC controls and cig lighter.

hey mark i have 1 you can borrow to copy if you like. call me if you want to pick it up. 203 213 9126

Very cool of you. Will call tomorrow. Also need a set of valve covers and a head. Those pieces can be JUNK, cracked, gouged, etc, just need for mockup purposes.